Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hello Guys,
I want to install snaps on my privacy curtain because the stupid plastic tags don't hold in for diddly. The Screw in sides are about 1/2" and I don't want to penetrate the curtain airbags when I put them in. Can someone tell me where they are exactly? I'm going to put the snaps through the plastic trim in roughly the same spot as the plastic Tabs. Thank you:confused:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Installing snaps for the privacy curtain is an awesome idea, 2xH! Wow, thanks for coming up with that one. Those tabs on the curtains can be a nuisance to use.

My manual, which is of great use to me for my 04 E, unfortunately does not cover models with side curtain airbags so I can't be of any use to you. I hope someone else chimes in here with a later model and the right info. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More on snaps

Yeah, I came up with the idea cause I was sick of the curtain slipping off at night when I was camping with my GF, making the element decidedly LESS Private... :-/. As a Side note to anyone else interested in doing it, the snap kit at the depot only costs about 6 bucks, and I am going to utilize the plastic tabs as backers because I don't want the snaps to rip the nylon, I'm going to fold them over and put the snaps right through the nylon and plastic, I've also decided to cut the screws in half so they SHOULDn't puncture anything, but if anyone knows about the bags I would still like to better to be safe then sorry....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used tape..

The first time I used my curtains snoring would knock them down. I wrapped some electrical tape around the plastic tabs to make them thicker. Now they attach and stay up!!!
MrBill

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice idea! I've been using heavy duty velcro on my tabs but my tabs are so small that I can't get enough velcro to get a solid hold. I'm going to try to put electrical tape on the tabs to make them bigger allowing me to possibly put a larger strip of velcro on the tap. Of course I'm not sure if the velcro glue will stick to the electrical tape.

As for snap ons, anyone have a picture of what this is? I've never seen them..

The first time I used my curtains snoring would knock them down. I wrapped some electrical tape around the plastic tabs to make them thicker. Now they attach and stay up!!!
MrBill

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nice idea! I've been using heavy duty velcro on my tabs but my tabs are so small that I can't get enough velcro to get a solid hold. I'm going to try to put electrical tape on the tabs to make them bigger allowing me to possibly put a larger strip of velcro on the tap. Of course I'm not sure if the velcro glue will stick to the electrical tape.

As for snap ons, anyone have a picture of what this is? I've never seen them..
They are the metal snap buttons you see on jackets, handbags, purses and so on. One side snaps into the other.

Some come with a screw attachment you can screw into surfaces on one side while the other side retains the tabs for fabric installation. The OEM Skylight screen is a perfect example of this application. Here is a link to HandA's instructions on the screen's installation. You can see how the snap buttons work.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/07shade.pdf

Here is a picture that shows examples of the various snap buttons available out there.

snaps.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts