Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

--
Rumor has it that the rear glass/wall (not shown) is removeable as well as the bed cover for an open air ride. Unlike many extra-cab pickups, the Element SUT does not have any rear "jump" seats. Instead Honda prefers to leave the area available for cargo, which can be easily loaded and unloaded via the opposite opening rear doors. With the back wall and bed cover removed, optional "rumble" seats can be fastened into the bed area for two additional passengers for a total of 4, like the Element. The interior has the same waterproof seating and urethane flooring which runs the full length into the bed. The truck bed is not designed for heavy duty use, such as hauling dirt or construction materials, but rather for hauling light items like garbage cans or smelly sports gear. It will come in colors not available to the standard Element, like Screaming Yellow Pearl, and Dark Maroon Metallic. Slated for Q4 2004 introduction as a 2005 model.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It makes me wonder if I should tell Honda that I am dumping a Chevy S-10 LS Extended Cab to get the "E". What that new model is, is the same as the vehicle I am dumping to get the "E" - it has all of the detriments of the S10 and none of the advantages.

Iskie

·
Registered
69 Posts
are you sure that's for real? that just doesn't seem right....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where did you find that image. I have browsed the net for hours looking for any mention of an Element SUT and come up with nothing. Is there a site that talks about this concept, or is this a 'doctored' image that we are looking at?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Who me??? doctor a photo... NO!!!

Have you seen UPS's new ad campaign? Seems like they like the Element as well... They are trying to attract younger male drivers to improve their image and lower their payroll...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, I'm working up a FedEx, a Brinks, and full military camo version. I'l post them when I get them finished...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was a supervisor for UPS for many years and mostly a glorified driver delivering out of my personal vehicle (pre-97 strike) and would have loved to have the UPS-E. Thanks for the post!

lol....for grins, should put DJ's 88 on it and the flames from their racing package car.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Kindof reminds me of a Subaru Baja!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts