Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first real snow for Sam 15 inches. he is getting snow balls stuck in his fur. The feet and feathers I can't easy pull them out just have them melt on my couch? any suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put Maeve in the bathtub and run warm water over her feet with the handheld shower - the snowballs melt away quickly. She's a standard sized poodle mix and the snow really sticks to her. The blow dryer is way to slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been using a towel followed by a cheapo plastic de-tangling brush. That knocks the majority of the clumps off, and thawing takes care of the rest.

Selkie was having trouble with ice/snow balls between his toes. I have gotten them under control with some fur trimming and liberal application of Bag Balm.

This is Selkie after a good clean up. He is not a big fan of the brush in his gentleman's region.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Border Collie gets them too

all the above and keep him couch till he dries

·
Registered
590 Posts
flo-bee pet groomer? j/k, how long and furry is the pooch? consider trimming a little bit for the snowy season?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You mean he's bringing in snowmen? HAHAHA Sam is HUGE!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's a competition between the dogs and I if they can bring more ice in the house than I have in my beard.:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
My dog is a giant snowball!

Lucy just LOVES the snow. This is only the 2nd real snow since I've had her. The entire time I was outside shoveling yesterday, and you should see the tunnels she's made in my back yard. Not sure about the rest of you in the DC metro area, but I got about 24 inches of snow this weekend. Can't wait to get the Element out of the garage!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brutus had a blast in the 18" of snow we got, but it just runs right off his back. No problems with him bringing it in the house. Gotta love the short hair!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try heating up a thick plush towel in the dryer for a few minutes. Not too hot, though. I keep a few around to cycle through on snowy days. Here's Ozzie and his duck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I tried using a blower and it didn't seem to work very well. :lol:
That is great. I have 2 that like that and the other one runs like hell into the house.:grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts