Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Has anyone ever attempted to mount a snow blade to the front of their E?
A snow plow? Since it's unit body there is no real frame to mount one to. I have seen some plows that advertise universal mounting to any vehicle but I wouldn't do it. The forward most part of the front sub-frame is also the core support for the radiator and crumple zone. I'm willing to bet there is a strong chance of setting off the airbags also since plowing snow would essentially be a front end collision over and over again.

Just my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Can a plow be mounted on an E ?? In fact it can. There is a suitable mounting method, that will not set off the air bags!!!

Is it a good Idea to do this with an Element? NO .

Mounting a plow on any vehicle that does not have an independent frame, Is a bad Idea.

The uni-body model is prone to being twisted by high loads on one side. That leads to distortion in the chaise. It would manifest itself in doors that will not line up, and close properly. That would be your first indication of major trouble with alignment. Not just steering Alignment, but frame alignment.

If you intend to plow snow, then go for something with a heavy frame.

Dom

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Can a plow be mounted on an E ?? In fact it can. There is a suitable mounting method, that will not set off the air bags!!!

Is it a good Idea to do this with an Element? NO .

Mounting a plow on any vehicle that does not have an independent frame, Is a bad Idea.

The uni-body model is prone to being twisted by high loads on one side. That leads to distortion in the chaise. It would manifest itself in doors that will not line up, and close properly. That would be your first indication of major trouble with alignment. Not just steering Alignment, but frame alignment.

If you intend to plow snow, then go for something with a heavy frame.

Dom
Agreed. Go buy an F-150 for plowing snow. It's built for hardcore work and abuse. The E... Umm no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.