Honda Element Owners Club banner

Like or Dislike?

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this video and have not been able to get the idea out of my head for finding the right size track to fit on my E. The opportunities these tracks would give for exploration and general mischief in nature would be AWESOME. Especially up here in Alaska with our majority of the year below freezing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg

I hate to say it, but I do think it would be more fun to have it on an STi Suby, though.
Screw the chairlifts and snowmachines....Im riding to the top of the mountain in a heated interior of a car.

I would love to find the manufacturer of these tracks and check into prices. I think a VERY wise invest at some point directly after of before mounting these tracks is a roll cage. Or at least reinforce the spindly build of the car somehow.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You will find that the tracks absorb quite a bit of horsepower. According to the Installer in this area they use about 6 or 7 horsepower each wheel. You would also need to be able to lock the car/truck into 4X4 mode. You can't do that with an E.

So a more powerful engine and a true 4X4 would be in order.

You would be looking at the 88 series. They run about 5,000$ a set, depending on what part of the country your in.

The Link to the Mat Tracks sight!

Or you could do this !
Tank-E.jpg

Dom

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
wow, what a waste of an STI. Max speed on the Mattracks site says 40 mph for the 88 series. It does look cool tho...

If only you could lock the E's drive system into full time 4wd. Even with the reduced power 40 mph sounds pretty do-able.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even with the reduced power 40 mph sounds pretty do-able.

If I were putting it in the conditions I have in mind, 40mph might be a little scary at time.

Thanks for the info on the tracks, though! At least I know now it's a bit of a pipe dream. I guess I could do it to an older toyota pickup. Those little suckers are tanks.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,518 Posts
LOOKS cool, but, me thinks, impractical (and expensive) for the most part. Do like Dom's idea, tho.... :twisted:8)

Hey!! Where you at in AK?? Still wanting to add to our EOC group.....LMK :razz::razz:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts