Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say someone were to get their E stuck in the snow. What would be a good place to hook a chain to so they can be pulled out. I saw a small hook in the back under the bumper, but is that strong enough?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That loop is designed to support nearly the entire weight of the vehicle when transported on a cargo ship and it bears a large amount of the tongue weight when towing so it should hold up to some tugging in the snow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got my car stuck in ice/snow once and found that i got some traction to get out by opening the tailgate and pushing up and down on it.

i also once got stuck in sand and a truck tried to get me out but his tow hook was too thick for the E's loop. :\
i got the car out by pretty much deflating the tires to almost nothing and then bouncing it up and down again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
stuck in the snow

I got stuck in the snow once, so I killed a moose with my bare hands and then I stayed till spring, I used the rear hook to tie off the beast before it got to the killin' time.:lol:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I got stuck in the snow once, so I killed a moose with my bare hands and then I stayed till spring, I used the rear hook to tie off the beast before it got to the killin' time.:lol:
and, no doubt, you used the antlers to make a set of tools that allowed you to install the fog lights that had been in the back of the vehicle for 3 months and crawled into the carcass to keep warm at night. <grin>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts