Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking at the thule that holds 4 boards. Looks good and easy to use, anybody disagree.

Are their any other good ones that hold 4 boards.

I just returned the honda ones.... they suck. I almost guarantee if I put my boards on and drove, they wouldn't last a minute.

----Sorry i posted this in the wrong category

Im so excited to put some chains on my SC and see how it drives in the snow. How is it in the snow?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I haven't seen any other 4 board racks other than the Thule one. I'm probably gonna pick that one this season.
As far as driving in the snow goes...
Milwaukee had record snowfall last winter and I didn't get stuck once. I never had any trouble at all. I do have the AWD, though.
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to talk about the SC.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use a Thule Flat Top #725 mounted on Honda crossbars (from HandA) with the Thule Fat Mouth Clamp. Looks just like this one except with locking tumblers.

As long as the high backs are folded down there shouldn't be any clearance issues. I've carried four boards on that before and the only problem was with the two that were really wide. They wouldn't fit side by side. Easy fix though just put them base to base on one side and the two narrow boards on the other side base to base. This rack would be a problem if your carrying three or four boards that 12.5" wide or larger.
More discussion here:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41534

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the whole Thule kit, crossbars, mounting brackets, wind deflector, etc. seems to work out alright. It was easy to assemble and seems more beefy (and cheaper) than the Honda cross bars. Some parking garages are not accessible, as it's at exactly 6'-6" to the top of the rack. Something to consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
height

I too am a little concerned - I know a Thule/Yakima won't fit on my element and inside my garage - - I had to remove my antenna - - but I am curious what the height is of the Honda bars? I have about 2" to spare - - (maybe)

Also - as far as getting 4 boards on the rack - - what about just doing a SpaceCase - or box? I'm in the same boat, so doing the case as you can get some other gear up top - versus having it inside the E.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Yakima Rack has a bunch of different Attachments for skies. I just got one for christmas and its super easy to install and seems really solid. It holds 4 snowboards or 6 pairs of skis. Its pretty cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts