It has been a few years since the So Cal Chapter has had an opportunity to kick it with the folks at Honda. We all remember T-Mac’s So Cal Event with Honda in July 2008. Who could forget the 40+ Elements going down PCH in Huntington Beach, into our own private parking area, as we were treated to a day at the US Open Surfing Championships? http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48148
Well, since the end of our Spring Meet 2011 this past May, I have been working on a couple of meets, but none bigger than this:
SO CAL CHAPTER EOC: FALL CLASSIC 2011 @ HONDA HQ, TORRANCE
I have been in contact with a representative from Honda HQ in Torrance, and I proposed a meet at the HQ for this Fall. While I am working with the Honda Rep on this Fall Meet, we want to gauge your interest. How bad do you want this Fall Classic to take place? Please participate in the Interest Poll above and provide a reply to this thread. But, before you do, please consider the following:
- This will be a one day E-vent
- Day: Saturday
- Date: TBD. Last week in September or mid October.
- Time: TBD. Mid morning to mid/late afternoon
- Location: Honda, Corporate Headquarters, Torrance California
- Limit on Elements: TBD. Do not know at this time, but I am sure there will be.
- Limit on Participants/Guests: TBD. Do not know at this time, but I am sure there will be.
- Speakers / Representatives from Honda: TBD
- There will be no tour of the Corporate offices. Security reasons. Who wants to see a bunch of cubicles and offices.
- Honda will not be able to provide freebies
- This will not be a protest meet due to the discontinuation of the Element. But, I encourage you to show Honda your love for the Element by participating in this meet.
- Food (maybe, if we want)
- Security (probable)
- Tables (if needed)
- Janitorial service (probable)
- Port-a-potties (will be needed)
This is an early notice. I am working on a couple of more items for the Fall Classic. I will continue to provide updates, so please check back from time to time. As stated above, I am gauging interest for this meet. So, please participate in the poll and post a reply to this thread. I hope that you consider attending the Fall Classic 2011. Let’s make the Fall Classic just as successful as our previous meets.
On last thing, I am evoking the “No Questions Rule”. At this time, I have no answers to your potential questions. I hope that you understand. As always, thank you for your support and consideration. :grin: