Honda Element Owners Club banner

Fall Classic 2011: Are you interested in attending ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Cal Chapter EOC: Fall Classic 2011
@ Honda HQ, Torrance
Honda-HQ.jpg

It has been a few years since the So Cal Chapter has had an opportunity to kick it with the folks at Honda. We all remember T-Mac’s So Cal Event with Honda in July 2008. Who could forget the 40+ Elements going down PCH in Huntington Beach, into our own private parking area, as we were treated to a day at the US Open Surfing Championships? http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48148

Well, since the end of our Spring Meet 2011 this past May, I have been working on a couple of meets, but none bigger than this:

SO CAL CHAPTER EOC: FALL CLASSIC 2011 @ HONDA HQ, TORRANCE

I have been in contact with a representative from Honda HQ in Torrance, and I proposed a meet at the HQ for this Fall. While I am working with the Honda Rep on this Fall Meet, we want to gauge your interest. How bad do you want this Fall Classic to take place? Please participate in the Interest Poll above and provide a reply to this thread. But, before you do, please consider the following:

• This will be a one day E-vent
  • Day: Saturday
  • Date: TBD. Last week in September or mid October.
  • Time: TBD. Mid morning to mid/late afternoon
  • Limit on Elements: TBD. Do not know at this time, but I am sure there will be.
  • Limit on Participants/Guests: TBD. Do not know at this time, but I am sure there will be.
  • Speakers / Representatives from Honda: TBD
  • There will be no tour of the Corporate offices. Security reasons. Who wants to see a bunch of cubicles and offices.
  • Honda will not be able to provide freebies
  • This will not be a protest meet due to the discontinuation of the Element. But, I encourage you to show Honda your love for the Element by participating in this meet.
As I continue to work on this proposal, please note that Honda HQ does not have a budget for this meet. What does this mean? Depending on the number of participants for the Fall Classic, we may be asked to cover the cost of some services, such as:
  • Food (maybe, if we want)
  • Security (probable)
  • Tables (if needed)
  • Janitorial service (probable)
  • Port-a-potties (will be needed)
So, to make this E-vent work, all those who wish to attend the Fall Classic, may incur a small fee. At this time, I do not know what the fee will be. I have some additional research to do, I need to get some estimates and coordinate with the Honda Rep.

This is an early notice. I am working on a couple of more items for the Fall Classic. I will continue to provide updates, so please check back from time to time. As stated above, I am gauging interest for this meet. So, please participate in the poll and post a reply to this thread. I hope that you consider attending the Fall Classic 2011. Let’s make the Fall Classic just as successful as our previous meets.

On last thing, I am evoking the “No Questions Rule”. At this time, I have no answers to your potential questions. I hope that you understand. As always, thank you for your support and consideration. :grin:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Geesh Jeff, from what I've read there seems to be more than a few negatives on this "Fall Classic Meet".
(Not your fault as I love the meets you've put together - I blame Honda HQ in Torrance)
Other than providing a parking lot which looks like participants will be paying a fee to use, Honda won't step up to the plate and provide us with anything.

This is why I'm currently on the fence and listed as a maybe.
I don't mind kissing Honda's ass and showing love for my Element but I'd like to see "Corporate" contribute something too. :roll:

If they do I'll be there. If they won't count me out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
fee..shmee ?? Who cares ?? I'm used to "small fee" car shows, as there are usually fees attached when I do any car show related to my musclecar that i also own. (anywhere from (20$-45$ entry fee is not unheard of) It's not that big a deal. Being in a corporate setting, I'm sure that is why it is iffy in alot of areas....also I think the club is just gauging interest at this time. Understood. All car corps are budget minded right now. Car sales are still down, and the Japan earthquake didn't help much in the Japanese car market money earning equation. It was nice of Honda USA to even allow us the possible opportunity to have a show on their premises. i'll be there !!

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
"WOW"...as usual, you continue to raise the bar. For those of you who missed the Honda sponsored 2008 US Open of Surfing this will be your opportunity to meet with the powers that be. Anything associated with Honda will be completely special, and since it's going to be a JSmooth Production, it will automatically be "FIRST CLASS!" So if I were you I brake out those calendars and start to tentatively pencil in some possible dates and times so you know you'll be available.

"See you there!!!"

Chief

·
Registered
552 Posts
It has been a few years since the So Cal Chapter has had an opportunity to
kick it with the folks at Honda. We all remember T-Mac’s So Cal Event with
Honda in July 2008. Who could forget the 40+ Elements going down PCH in
Huntington Beach, into our own private parking area, as we were treated to
a day at the US Open Surfing Championships?
Yes I remember that day.:grin:. I also remember the sunburn I ended up with:roll: It was well worth it.

Use the slider bar at the bottom to move the picture to the right.>

Our last meet was also a blast.

2011 Spring Meet 360 (This picture was too larg to post directly)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Geesh Jeff, from what I've read there seems to be more than a few negatives on this "Fall Classic Meet".
(Not your fault as I love the meets you've put together - I blame Honda HQ in Torrance)
Other than providing a parking lot which looks like participants will be paying a fee to use, Honda won't step up to the plate and provide us with anything.

This is why I'm currently on the fence and listed as a maybe.
I don't mind kissing Honda's ass and showing love for my Element but I'd like to see "Corporate" contribute something too. :roll:

If they do I'll be there. If they won't count me out.

Don't worry already... You are looking at a worst case scenario. After I saw how well we got treated at the HB Surf Competition I cannot imagine that they will charge us $3.-- for a 'Honey Hut' aka portable crapper... I do believe that they have no $$$ set aside to entertain the EOC, but I also know that they have substantial discretionary budgets from which a few bucks can be shaved off to humor us. Like Brian says; - show love for your HONDA and don't even think of giving anyone even the slightest bit of carp for discontinuing the Element. You will NOT be looking at the decision makers, but at the sad SAP who was assigned to balk around with us. Keep him happy!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If its in Oct I am in depending on my shift. I also will bring the CT70 so show a classic Honda.:grin:

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Way to go, Jeff! Everybody get out there in force and support JSmooth on this one. These events are a lot of work and the payoff is support and turnout.

Be there or else... :)

I may have to try to fly in for this one. ;)

T-Mac, don't tease us like that. If you show up for this meet I'll eat a bug. Heck, I'll eat two bugs! and I bet I can get others to join me.
It would be so cool to see you again. We still miss you!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Way to go, Jeff! Everybody get out there in force and support JSmooth on this one. These events are a lot of work and the payoff is support and turnout.

Be there or else... :)

I may have to try to fly in for this one. ;)
Thanks T Mac! :shock::-D Thanks for helping to spread the word and I trully appreciate your support!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fall Classic 2011 - UPDATE

I want to thank those individuals who have expressed interest in the upcoming Fall Classic 2011 @ Honda HQ, Torrance. It has been a few weeks since I started this thread and I wanted to provide you with an update. I am working with a representative from Honda HQ on our Fall Classic Meet. The H-Rep is happy was happy to hear of your interest for the Fall Classic and is following this thread closely. As we continue to work out the details, please note the information in bold and consider the following:

• This will be a one day E-vent
  • Day: Saturday
  • Date: TBD – Focusing on mid October
  • Time: TBD – 10 am/3 pm
  • Limit on Elements: TBD – Yes, there will be a limit
  • Limit on Participants/Guests: TBD. Do not know at this time, but I am sure there will be.
  • Speakers / Representatives from Honda: TBD
  • There will be no tour of the Corporate Offices due to security reasons
  • Honda will not be able to provide freebies
  • This will not be a protest meet due to the discontinuation of the Element. But, I encourage you to show Honda your love for the Element by participating in this meet.
As I continue to work on this proposal, and as stated in the initial post, please note that Honda HQ does not have a budget for this meet and we may be asked to cover the cost of some services, such as:

• Food (maybe, if we want)
  • Security (probable)
  • Tables (if needed)
  • Janitorial service (probable)
  • Port-a-potties (will be needed)
I am currently researching the cost of these services; however, the final cost won’t be determined until important meeting details are worked out.

This is the first Fall Classic 2011-Update. I will continue to provide updates, so please check back from time to time. Your interest for this meet is important. So, if you have not done so, please participate in the poll and post a reply to this thread. I hope that you consider attending the Fall Classic 2011 and mark your calendars and make plans to attend. Spread the word by telling a friend! Let’s make the Fall Classic just as successful as our previous meets.

On last thing, I continue to evoke the “No Questions Rule”. At this time, I have no answers to your potential questions. I hope that you understand. As always, thank you for your support and consideration.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts