Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern California - "Southbay" Los Angeles area owners getting together to Wine Taste and share stories about their Es.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Cal Wine Tasting

Hoping to get some interest, and then organize something maybe in Santa Barbara or Temecula.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Hoping to get some interest, and then organize something maybe in Santa Barbara or Temecula.
We did Santa Barbara last year, so we would definitely be down for Temecula. Plus it would be easier to get the guys from San Diego to a Meet that close to their backyard. ;-)

Chief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wine Tasting

We do Santa Barbara three times a year, Temecula trip is coming up soon, but more of a during the week get away for the wife and I. Summer would be good maybe to get a group together and meet down there. Several big Wineries that we could park cars together....if we get some takers. Paso Robles is another great trip, and some great Wine! By the way, your E looks great. Was it a GGM before the paint? Same interior as mine.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
We do Santa Barbara three times a year, Temecula trip is coming up soon, but more of a during the week get away for the wife and I. Summer would be good maybe to get a group together and meet down there. Several big Wineries that we could park cars together....if we get some takers. Paso Robles is another great trip, and some great Wine! By the way, your E looks great. Was it a GGM before the paint? Same interior as mine.
Paso Robles is lovely, and I love Napa too! But, for getting the most people together with the shortest planning window, it's better to localize your efforts. Paso Robles would have to be something that would have to be planned long range and trying your very best to coordinate a majority "can do" date.

You might have my ride mixed up with Burn619, whose Element was GGM before he got a custom white paint job and he still has the OEM green interior accents. My interior is a custom charcoal gray and black leather, and before I got my "E" custom painted, it started out as an MM.

BTW..."WELCOME" to the EOC "SoCal Chapter!!!!!!"

Chief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wine Tasting.

Thanks, and Temecula will be the first target spot I think.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What style wine are you gonna be tasting? California has some great wine, but Oregon has the best Pinot's, which is the best grape ever! Have fun, bring the wife so she can be the E.D.D. (Element Designated Driver) and the husbands can taste the goods....

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
These were the BEST Pinot Noirs of 2009, so I don't think that California is quite ready to concede to Oregon that they make the best Pinot Noirs.

1. Judd's Hill, 2007 Pinot Noir, Central Coast. This wine
2. Navarro Vineyards 2007 Pinot Noir Anderson Valley Mendocino California Deep End Blend.
3. Scheid Vineyards 2005 Pinot Noir, Reserve
4. Cambria Winery's 2006 Julia's Vineyard Pinot Noir.
5. 2007 Bergstrom Pinot Noir, Bergstrom Vineyard, Dundee Hills.
6. 2007 Chasseur Pinot Noir, Freestone Station, Russian River Valley.
7. 2007 Copain Tous Ensemble Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley.
8. 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley.
9. 2007 Merry Edwards, Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
10. 2007 Roar Pinot Noir, Rosella's Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands.

Chief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Temecula will be the place. Need to get a few more reponces and then maybe throw out some dates. We like to go Wine Tasting mid week, as it is less crowded, but that won't work for everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Temecula will be the place. Need to get a few more reponces and then maybe throw out some dates. We like to go Wine Tasting mid week, as it is less crowded, but that won't work for everyone. :)
Now you need to post a (Yes..No...Maybe) Poll, then throw out some tentative dates. You can't accomidate everyone, so the majority "can do" date always rules, then set it in in stone and completely promote the heck out of it. Temecula Wine Tasting "E"vent!!!!!!

Chief

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good. I will do just that. The weekend might give us a few more bites, and then we will move on a date. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Sounds good. I will do just that. The weekend might give us a few more bites, and then we will move on a date. Thanks!
I'm always willing to help a new "SoCal" member!!! ;-)

Chief

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sound like

A Bunch of Wino's :-D (Said with total luv.)

I'm in.

Because there will be Cheese TOOO.

Oh that is gonna be MEE in Troublee...LOL
:lol:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Temecula I am in for!!! Sign me up! I'll bring the daaaaling wify along as a home driver... !!!! I will even mount my yet unpainted SC wheels for the event.... :)

BUT, you have to have BELLA VISTA on the tour stop!!! Got the best wine tasting there ever, three times in a row. Ask for Shasta to be your server!!!! :)

....BTW I grew up in wine country. Our house surrounded by vineyards, in Malans, Switzerland. www.malans.ch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts