Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I test drove a 5sp AWD DX in Blue and it made me feel like I was soooo close to having my baby (5sp AWD EX in blue).

I kept asking myself if I could live with Auto and just make a deal with them now on an EX that they had on the lot, but after driving the 5sp DX, I'm definitely going to wait. The sales guy (new to the NoVA area) was like "wanna take it on the beltway?" So I did! With the windows up and plastic and foam still on the outside of the E the windnoise wasn't very noticeable. The DX didn't have a radio so all we were hearing was the engine and wind.

So now I'm trying to figure if I could live with a DX instead of an EX??? I think I'll wait, but it was so close to the one I want.

Only things I didn't like was: no alloys, no AC, no cruise, and the headliner felt loose since it didn't have the overhead compartment.

Other than those things it did feel like a possibility.

Still makes me wonder why with all the people I hear wanting a 5sp AWD EX, why isn't Honda making them quicker? If their target market was the gen Y - yet their only selling automatics...i think right there was their biggest mistake.

btw..while sitting in the E waiting for the salesguy to come back with the key (I always find the ones that they forget to lock the doors :lol: ) this family who were looking at Pilots walked by and the dad said "Hey how about one of these?" and their kid was like "Dad, it's a box"....while sitting in the driverseat as they walked away, made me think "Yep, and I'm going to own one!"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you'll want to wait for that EX - you'd be crazy not to have AC in NoVA and if you add that on, you're over halfway to EX without a stereo, antilock brakes (right?) or those sweet looking alloys. I myself actually decided to go with the auto since our traffic is getting so bad down here in Tidewater and since my other car is a stick so I can still get my fix. Been the proud owner of a GG EX AWD for 4 days now, loving every minute of it! I am amazed at how quiet the interior is, even at 80-85 (clearly I'm also surprised at how quick you creep up to 85 if you're not paying attention!). Only drawback so far: gas mileage, I'm through 3/4 of my dealer gimme tank and just over 200 miles! Hopefully that will improve significantly as the engine breaks in - I would be happy with anything over 20 since I pretty much love everything else about the car. Be patient! Hold out for the one you really want! I did, and even though I had to wait 6 weeks, it was worth it when I drove my car home!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts