Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I walk into a Honda dealer to look at the Civic Si and the Accord coupe and what do you know, they had the Element wide open for me to see. I snuck a peek inside of the E, the same car I called an ugly duckling out on the streets, and fell in love with the thing. When I sat down in the driver's seat I felt like I was piloting large Transformer robot (hmmm, an Autobot sticker would look great on an E). Now I have someone from Autoland who my credit union referred that is searching for a blue 2WD EX with a manual transmission. I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Similar thing happened to us....we went to buy a Civic....ended up with an E and couldn't be happier!

Main difference is that I had seen the E before and LOVED it....but really didn't think that it was in our price range....boy were we surprised!

We have had "Baby Blue" (4wd EX EBP) for 6 months now and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ahh the same thing with me as well. I had passed by the Honda dealer and was looking into a new 2003 Civic Coupe on sale for $13995. Thought the Element would be way out of my price range. Anyways...I sat in the Civic and felt cramped. They handed me the keys to the loaner Element and I was hooked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like wise,
I saw one of the first E's months ago and said what an ugly duck. Started looking for a new ride 3 weeks ago. Got a test ride, not a drive, and bought mine on the spot. EX 2WD SMM.
Could not be more satisfied, feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked up the Pilot brochure and told my wife - "that butt ugly 'THING' is in the showroom! I wouldn't be caught dead driving one". Then I figured my budget and a Pilot just wasn't in the cards, nor was the CR-V I wanted. I drove an E and the rest they say, is history...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Know what you are talkin' about. Went to buy a van but couldn't cut a deal with three dealers. While waiting on a salesman my wife and I checked out the E. Took a test drive and was hooked. Just turned over 2000 miles today and enjoyed every foot of it. :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. Last May my wife bought a 03 Accord and the couple times we visited the dealer I kept looking at the ugly E (I was going to buy a CRV later in the summer). I couldn't picture myself driving one of those things much less owning one. Well when August came around and I was ready to deal for a CRV my wife suggested that I test drive an Element since she noticed I kept checking out the E. I drove both the CRV and the Element and I was hooked. The CRV was good but the E captured me a mile down the road. I bought the black one on the show room floor and drove it home that evening and have had a smile on my face ever since. :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It kinda happened to me that way....

My husband decided to fill his need for a "roadster" with the S2000 in August. While he was on his test drive with the sales man, I spent my time perusing the E's. He noticed this when he came back and a few weeks later he surprised me by selling my car. Next thing I know, the sales man calls to let him know the dealership is clearancing the 03 E's and now I have one parked in the driveway. (Gotta luv the 2 blue Honda look).

I just wished the EBP would have been the Suzuka Blue that the S2000s came in! Oh well - Im not complaining! :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep that S2000 blue is a beautiful color. There was a blue one on the show room floor during one of our visits and my wife and I couldn't quit looking at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts