Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting some stuff for a grill guard when I walked past the outdoor/indoor carpet rolls. You know the carpet for screened-in porches and all? I'm sure this is old news to some of you guys but...I thought what a great idea to get that to place in the back of my Element. You can cut it to fit the entire back and make a cut out for the seats to still lock in. They have a dark grey or black (and other colors)...it's super cheap so you could easily replace it. Anyways...it's a great way to protect the E flooring from getting scratched, keeps stuff from rolling around, easy to clean, and more comfy for the pups in the back. Thought I'd share that to see if that helps anyone out...haha can you tell I'm super excited about this? :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yup, that was the very first "mod" I did. I ended up getting the carpet at Costco, cut it to size, and voila. Wet shoes turn the E's floor into an ice skating rink. Or so it was for me. And it's got a better price tag than OEM or aftermarket carpet sets. At that price it's almost disposable if it gets really messed up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What are the measurements if you have them? I own an 09' if that helps, and am interested in doing this.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Start with a 4x6 piece, and trim it to fit the contours of the floor. Some people lay out big sheets of paper first and cut a template. I just centered the rug, and started trimming. I tried tucking the edges into the gap between side trim and floor, though that didn't work everywhere.

The depressions where the rear seats latch need special treatment. I cut the rug in a ++ pattern, allowing the seats to latch in place.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Several have done this mod over the years. See this thread among others.

I took News paper, Taped it at the seams. Cut the edges to fit. Then used the newspaper taped to the carpet as a template.

If you search the forum, there is a detailed thread with Photo's.
Why it's not in the How to's is a misery. It was there at one time.

Dom

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: . . .

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
It's a mystery too.

:D

More of a misery! Searching for it every time someone asks about this mod!

I gave looking for it a shot. I was unable to find it this time.

Dom

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put carpet and padding in mine this week. It was awesome for my NH trip this weekend.

padding- free since i helped rip out carpets in one of my dads rented apt's

carpet- 12' x 2' commercial carpet like $10-12 Home depot. I got a nice dark grey/black that matches the interior.

cut a 4x6 square of the padding and then shaped it as necessary with a razor knife. cut 2 rectangles out for the back seat supports.

cut carpet in half to make 2 6x2' pieces. one fits nice with a notch cut out for around the console and slides up under the front seat a bit. the 2nd one has to be trimmed to width but will then fit perfect up against the first and up under the front seat. eventually i'll seam tape them but for now it's holding steady on it's own. Again cut the holes out for the seat supports.

i'll post a pic when i get a chance later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts