Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum on Mar 12/04. I had visited the forum many times before that while deciding whether to buy an E. I got my E. on Mar 20/04. It's been a great vehicle--never had one problem. I'm getting old and don't drive all that much....after 6 yrs. only 42000 kms. (That's about 25000 miles for older Canadians and those south of the border). My E. is cherry to say the least (see pic I took today). Anyway, my daughter's car is hurting (it's my old 99 Jetta that I gave her when I bought the E.) so I'm giving her my E. She loves kayaking and camping so it will be a great vehicle for her. Since I drive so little and rarely need the space in the E. anymore, I looked around and drove numerous vehicles. After the E., most felt claustrophobic. I like the box. As we are older folks. we love how we can step into and out of the E. So I bought a Kia Soul. It's boxy and easy to get in and out of. I'm sure it's not up to the quality and performance of the E. but for $20K ($US & $Cdn are pretty much par right now), it will do the job. I'm having problems with one leg so I broke down and bought an auto tranny after driving stick in the Jetta and E. for the last 11 yrs. I'm not going to be too happy with that but age comes to everybody and you do what you have to. I've visited this forum almost every day for the past six years. I've only made about 200 posts but I've learned so much by reading and the info has been great. I will be migrating to the Kia Soul forum which seems fairly active--they love their vehicles like we love ours. Txs for a great 6 years. I've attached a pic of my new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Thank you for your thoughtful post Quicksilver. We all move on and , like you, I have been helped a lot by the EOC web site. Happy trails.:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Best of luck to you, Bye..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Make sure the new owner knows about us! I'm betting you will be back so we'll see ya later:)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The Soul seems like a natural transition from the E, just moving from a big box to a little box! Just because you are moving on doesn't mean you have to leave us. Please keep us posted on your new ride and your daughter's adventures in the barely broken in Element. :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Have fun with the new box and did it come with a Hamster like in the commercial?:grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts