Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that the softride is the best value for a hitch rack that swings away to allow access to the rear doors. I have not seen any comment or pictures however of the use of this rack with modern mountain bikes. Most of the newer bikes, including mine, don't have the same straight top bar that most road bikes have. Most have unique geometry and some hitch racks require adaptor bars to mount the bike. Anyone have experience with this rack and mountain bikes?

·
Registered
200 Posts
soft ride

"Softride" makes Very High quality racks, basket, and other hitch related products. I never found them to be in the low end of the price range, but always thought the value per $ was solid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Softride

Does anyone have any comments on the ability of the back gate (top and bottom) to open fully when using the softride racks? They are obviously great racks, and I want to buy one, but my dog jumps in the back and I'm wondering if this will still be possible.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.