Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello there,

Thanks for sharing, I looking for the suspension to my 2003 Element, do you think this is a good fit? and how many mileage was used in the vehicle?

Good day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there,

Thanks for sharing, I looking for the suspension to my 2003 Element, do you think this is a good fit? and how many mileage was used in the vehicle?

Good day
Not sure about the mileage of the vehicle these were from, but the great shape these are in are no doubt because it was a California vehicle. These should bolt up fine, but because these are from an SC these are a bit shorter in length (about a half inch) than an LX or EX rear strut...so that may mean you have to change the fronts to match the rear height.

Cross check the part number to your model. If you go to HondaPartsNow.com you can enter the make and model of your Element and look at the exploded parts diagrams with part numbers.

It is all about knowing your part numbers and what you want.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,018 Posts
1) There never was a 2006 SC, that model started in 2007
2) If they are from a '07 SC, they will fit perfectly. They are slightly more damped than regular E struts. I installed them in my EX, and the ride improved, way less bouncy than factory or KYB replacements.

Do a search here, I had posted pics with both EX and SC compared.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Not sure about the mileage of the vehicle these were from, but the great shape these are in are no doubt because it was a California vehicle. These should bolt up fine, but because these are from an SC these are a bit shorter in length (about a half inch) than an LX or EX rear strut...so that may mean you have to change the fronts to match the rear height.

Cross check the part number to your model. If you go to HondaPartsNow.com you can enter the make and model of your Element and look at the exploded parts diagrams with part numbers.

Hope that helps
Would need to get the SC Springs too but if lowering it will change the geometry of the whole suspension including the alignment spec's when having that done, and the AWD axles / Differential will have increased wear due to new operating agle/geometry....

Rear end links for lowered SC model are not the same either...cant just swap out struts and call it day....

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,018 Posts
Would need to get the SC Springs too but if lowering it will change the geometry of the whole suspension including the alignment spec's when having that done, and the AWD axles / Differential will have increased wear due to new operating agle/geometry....

Rear end links for lowered SC model are not the same either...cant just swap out struts and call it day....
When I installed the rear SC struts, used the old EX springs with no problems. End links were Ex too, they do not attach to the struts. Everything bolted up perfect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Discontinued by Honda ?

Thanks for the update. HondaPartsNow showed these as discontinued, and other threads I've seen on here have said the same. Also, just because a site shows "green/in stock" does not always mean they have them available and then when you go to order they are backordered...out of stock...unavailable...etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hope that helps
Thank you Bro, I think my problem is how am I confirm the parts no. check by EX/DX or 4WD or 2WD or ...etc. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello EOC!
Selling a pair of used rear struts off an 07 SC, California car.

Thank you EOC members for the interest and input. These are off an early 07 SC that carried a late 06 production date on it's VIN tag. Very similar to how my 2011 carries a production date of 2010.

Again, the part number on the struts is; 52611-SCV-A91.

Struts are in good shape, are tested and not blown. The strut rod compresses well, with excellent resistance, and rebounds/returns well. Also performs well after being under static load...rod compresses and returns well.

Selling as is no warranty

$80 for the pair + Free Shipping [USA 50 States only]

PayPal only

Thanks for looking
George
Hey George, I have a 07 Element SC bought here in Florida. Interested in your struts, how can I reach you, thanks Joe
Regular email is [email protected]

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!); 2008 LX FWD AT
1,715 Posts
Thank you Bro, I think my problem is how am I confirm the parts no. check by EX/DX or 4WD or 2WD or ...etc. :)
Honda parts now may be similar; on Majestic's site, once you select the part number, it will show you all the vehicles that part was used on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts