Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Honda Element EX AWD 191K miles

White spots in the photos are snowflakes, not paint issues. Of course it started to snow when I pulled it out to take pics.

$5500 OBO

All Wheel Drive, automatic, AC, cruise, tilt, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, Premium sound system with factory subwoofer, satellite radio (not activated), CD player, AUX input, Moonroof, aluminum wheels

No rust that I can find. No leaks, no odors, non-smoking owners (us and the original owner)

No rattles, suspension noise, weird noises, vibrations, etc. AC is ice cold, heat is hot. It drives like a car with 50K miles on it.

The Honda AWD system is likely the best you’ve ever used. These cars are almost impossible to get stuck.

I looked for a very clean Element for almost a year before we bought this during the summer of 2015 from the original owner in Bloomsberg PA. (no salt, no real winter) He was an older, widower who was a diesel mechanic and kept meticulous service records. He had owned 5 Elements during his life. This one appeared to have never had anyone sit in any seat other than the driver’s seat when I bought it. It had 140K miles and looked new inside and out. My daughter has used it for college, etc. and it has never given us a bit of trouble. It’s the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. My daughter now has entered her career job and bought herself a new car so “Ellie” the Element is ready to move on to her next owner.

Upon bringing the car home I installed new spark plugs, all new brakes and rotors (all 4 wheels), much of the rubber suspension components (known wear items like sway bar bushings and other things that can make noise), serviced the transmission (I used the “3 fills and flush” method to ensure all the fluid had been changed out for new) and differentials with Honda fluids, changed the oil (Castrol Gold Synthetic and Honda filters), sent an oil sample off to Blackstone labs for analysis (they gave it a 95% rating….very low wear on the engine), replaced the air filter and had the alignment checked (routine when I buy a new, used car) Since then I have serviced the transmission twice more and changed the oil twice a year (approximately 3500-5000 miles between changes) Air filter replaced semi-annually with Honda OEM filter.

The hitch was installed by me and used a handful of times for track days 1:20 from my home. I pulled an 300 pound Aluma trailer and my Daytona 675 or CBR250R track bikes.

Other items replaced/serviced:

Air bags replaced by Honda under the recall

Aftermarket, rubber floor liners installed over floor mats

Both front wheel bearings around 160K miles

Power steering fluid replaced (general maintenance)

Brake fluid flushed at 140K and again at 165K

Both front door checks replaced at 150K (these hold the doors in the open position)

Passenger side window motor/regulator assembly replaced around 165K

Both front calipers/rotors/brakes (Napa Gold parts) replaced around 185K

Rear brakes, rotors, all parking brake hardware replaced around 175K (Napa Gold)

All 4 sway bar end links (Napa Gold) replaced around 189K

Alternator replaced around 185K (Napa Gold)

Alignment checked annually

LED headlight bulbs installed in December 2019

Front windows tinted 35%, windshield brow tint 20%

Exterior compounded polished and sealed (NXT 2.0 sealant) January 2020

The bad:

The clear finish on one rear wheel is peeling. Refurbed or used wheels are around $100 online.

The driver’s seat cover has cracks. Every Element does this. It’s a cosmetic issue.

Front tires are worn near the wear bars, rears are 75% or better

The paint isn't perfect, but it looks fantastic for its age and mileage.

element15.jpg element.jpg element2.jpg element3.jpg element4.jpg element5.jpg element6.jpg element7.jpg element8.jpg element9.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
With all the thoughtful maintenance this Element has received, I'd say this is a very good buy. I don't think this will stay up for sale for very long. I should also add that you took very nice pictures, much better than you see in most ads.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With all the thoughtful maintenance this Element has received, I'd say this is a very good buy. I don't think this will stay up for sale for very long. I should also add that you took very nice pictures, much better than you see in most ads.
Thank you for the kind words. I figure that since I spent a long time trying to find one this nice, I'd keep it as nice as possible for the next owner. Someone will get a very nice car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautiful vehicle. I am looking for an AWD Element in Texas. If this were for sale near me I would be very interested! Best of luck selling and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful vehicle. I am looking for an AWD Element in Texas. If this were for sale near me I would be very interested! Best of luck selling and Happy New Year.
Can likely ship it to you for $600-ish. I considered buying a few that would have had to be shipped to me prior to buying this. Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Have you sold your E yet? I have this exact 2006 E in 2WD with 130,000 mi. I've been thinking of switching to an AWD. Did yours sell yet? Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2006 Honda Element EX AWD 191K miles

White spots in the photos are snowflakes, not paint issues. Of course it started to snow when I pulled it out to take pics.

$5500 OBO

All Wheel Drive, automatic, AC, cruise, tilt, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, Premium sound system with factory subwoofer, satellite radio (not activated), CD player, AUX input, Moonroof, aluminum wheels

No rust that I can find. No leaks, no odors, non-smoking owners (us and the original owner)

No rattles, suspension noise, weird noises, vibrations, etc. AC is ice cold, heat is hot. It drives like a car with 50K miles on it.

The Honda AWD system is likely the best you’ve ever used. These cars are almost impossible to get stuck.

I looked for a very clean Element for almost a year before we bought this during the summer of 2015 from the original owner in Bloomsberg PA. (no salt, no real winter) He was an older, widower who was a diesel mechanic and kept meticulous service records. He had owned 5 Elements during his life. This one appeared to have never had anyone sit in any seat other than the driver’s seat when I bought it. It had 140K miles and looked new inside and out. My daughter has used it for college, etc. and it has never given us a bit of trouble. It’s the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. My daughter now has entered her career job and bought herself a new car so “Ellie” the Element is ready to move on to her next owner.

Upon bringing the car home I installed new spark plugs, all new brakes and rotors (all 4 wheels), much of the rubber suspension components (known wear items like sway bar bushings and other things that can make noise), serviced the transmission (I used the “3 fills and flush” method to ensure all the fluid had been changed out for new) and differentials with Honda fluids, changed the oil (Castrol Gold Synthetic and Honda filters), sent an oil sample off to Blackstone labs for analysis (they gave it a 95% rating….very low wear on the engine), replaced the air filter and had the alignment checked (routine when I buy a new, used car) Since then I have serviced the transmission twice more and changed the oil twice a year (approximately 3500-5000 miles between changes) Air filter replaced semi-annually with Honda OEM filter.

The hitch was installed by me and used a handful of times for track days 1:20 from my home. I pulled an 300 pound Aluma trailer and my Daytona 675 or CBR250R track bikes.

Other items replaced/serviced:

Aftermarket, rubber floor liners installed over floor mats

Both front wheel bearings around 160K miles

Power steering fluid replaced (general maintenance)

Brake fluid flushed at 140K and again at 165K

Both front door checks replaced at 150K (these hold the doors in the open position)

Passenger side window motor/regulator assembly replaced around 165K

Both front calipers/rotors/brakes (Napa Gold parts) replaced around 185K

Rear brakes, rotors, all parking brake hardware replaced around 175K (Napa Gold)

All 4 sway bar end links (Napa Gold) replaced around 189K

Alternator replaced around 185K (Napa Gold)

Alignment checked annually

LED headlight bulbs installed in December 2019

Front windows tinted 35%, windshield brow tint 20%

Exterior compounded polished and sealed (NXT 2.0 sealant) January 2020

The bad:

The clear finish on one rear wheel is peeling. Refurbed or used wheels are around $100 online.

The driver’s seat cover has cracks. Every Element does this. It’s a cosmetic issue.

Front tires are worn near the wear bars, rears are 75% or better

The paint isn't perfect, but it looks fantastic for its age and mileage.

View attachment 202718 View attachment 202719 View attachment 202720 View attachment 202721 View attachment 202722 View attachment 202723 View attachment 202724 View attachment 202725 View attachment 202726 View attachment 202727
Hi, Have you sold your E yet? I have this exact 2006 E in 2WD with 130,000 mi. I've been thinking of switching to an AWD. Did yours sell yet? Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not yet. Lots of interest, but the right person hasn't come forward. I really wish I could keep it!
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested... I'm a bit confused though...am I seeing correctly that its actually a 4-wheel drive (AWD) automatic? I ask because I wasn't aware the AWD came as an automatic?! I thought the AWD were all manual transmission!? I'm really interested in getting a 4 wheel / all wheel drive... but I want to better understand possible ramifications (ie: possible increased gas mileage, parts wear and tear, etc...)
Can you tell me what your Ele actual gas mileage is? (sorry if I missed that detail in your description?)
Also wondering... am I seeing several sort of significant / visible scratches or dings on your tailgate and lift gate?
Thanks again for your time... she really is a beauty!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested... I'm a bit confused though...am I seeing correctly that its actually a 4-wheel drive (AWD) automatic? I ask because I wasn't aware the AWD came as an automatic?! I though the AWD were all manual transmission!? I'm really interested in getting a 4 wheel / all wheel drive... but I want to better understand possible ramifications (ie: possible increased gas mileage, parts wear and tear, etc...)
Can you tell me what your Ele actual gas mileage is? (sorry if I missed that detail in your description?)
Also wondering... am I seeing several sort of significant / visible scratches or dings on your tailgate and lift gate?
There are a lot of AWD with Automatic transmission Elements out there. Depending on where you live, it may be the most popular combo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested... I'm a bit confused though...am I seeing correctly that its actually a 4-wheel drive (AWD) automatic? I ask because I wasn't aware the AWD came as an automatic?! I though the AWD were all manual transmission!? I'm really interested in getting a 4 wheel / all wheel drive... but I want to better understand possible ramifications (ie: possible increased gas mileage, parts wear and tear, etc...)
It's automatic transmission, AWD and they made them mostly with an Automatic or at least that's mostly what I found when looking.

We don't monitor MPG on a regular basis. Last time I asked her to check was late summer. In average driving (70% highway/30% city) it returned 24 MPG. I'd expect a bit less in the winter or colder months. My daughter drives like an old lady which helps a bit. :)

There is one scratch about 1" long on the lower portion of the gate. It was done by me. I opened the tailgate with a trailer attached and the gate touched the trailer coupler latch. I never thought it could touch so didn't think to look. Happened once, then I knew....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested... I'm a bit confused though...am I seeing correctly that its actually a 4-wheel drive (AWD) automatic? I ask because I wasn't aware the AWD came as an automatic?! I thought the AWD were all manual transmission!? I'm really interested in getting a 4 wheel / all wheel drive... but I want to better understand possible ramifications (ie: possible increased gas mileage, parts wear and tear, etc...)
On second thought...
I believe there are 2 marks on the gate (I'm at work and only have the photos to look at) They're both centered. One was from what I mentioned, the other was also from my trailer bumping the gate after I disconnected it from the hitch and it rolling forward due to the angle of my driveway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Given the mileage, I'm wondering... have you serviced or replaced major engine components yet? like the Cam Chains / tensioners etc... ? (sorry If I missed it in your post.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Given the mileage, I'm wondering... have you serviced or replaced major engine components yet? like the Cam Chains / tensioners etc... ? (sorry If I missed it in your post.)
The list provided is comprehensive and inclusive of the service this car has required.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sent a DM. Is there any issue with the trans? Seems like a lot of fluid changes in a year (at least given what I do for normal service). Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sent a DM. Is there any issue with the trans? Seems like a lot of fluid changes in a year (at least given what I do for normal service). Thanks!
The 3 change method is done to ensure you get most or all the old fluid out of the trans, converter etc. It's usually done all in one go (same day) You can read about it here and other Honda forums. This car drives like it has 50k miles. No issues with the trans, engine, etc. I simply enjoy taking care of my vehicles and making sure my daughter doesn't end up broken down. I realize my methods may make some suspect there's something being hidden, but that's not the case. Come see it and if you've been looking I'll bet you take it home.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.