Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
looks good ! This is a high priority on my mod list. Even after only 2 days of owning it the floor boards have lots of little specs on them and it is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What did you use for a template (if you did)? It looks really nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the cheapest carpet at lowes (4'1" of it) and just layed it down in the back. I think the E's width is just under 4 feet. Took my utility knife and cut around all of the edges. The carpet cuts with ease if you have a sharp blade so it was not to difficult to get a good line. The carpeet was $22.00 and I have enough left to do another round if this one gets dirty or moldy etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you do the front, too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not yet, I guess I could, you could do a whole piece for the front. Might have to make a template for that one ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
That looks great! Does it slide around at all or did you stick it down somehow?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
How about the edges, will they eventually fray? It looks like you may have some sort of treatment for that....

·
Registered
139 Posts
So after seeing this thread i was inspired to carpet my own E, been watching the carpets at work, saw one that I liked on sale today a nd picked it up, was a clearance item.

Got a 12x6 roll for 15$ at Home Depot, Check it out, Did front and back, Really happy with the results.

Before:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts