Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i am looking at this E, here is a write up on it.... what do you guys think?

Get this fantastic 2003 Honda Element DX 4 Wheel Drive Automatic in excellent condition. Metallic blue exterior, grey and blue interior. Highway miles. Nice and clean SUV regularly maintained by Happy Honda of Burnaby. Non-smoker, no pets. Great fuel economy saves your money. New top of the line all-season-plus tires Toyo Open country A/T will get you anywhere. Experience the excellent 4 Wheel Drive which will keep you safe in the winter. The car has never been in an accident. This is the most functional vehicle I ever owned. Remove back seats with one hand and enjoy over 6 feet of flat cargo space. We're sad to part with it but we're moving overseas and this baby must sell. This is an US import so the speedometer is in miles and kms.

Now it has 190,000 km's ..... what do you think about this??? isnt that kind of high?
and he wants $9800 CDN

please give me some input.

thanks alot
Dom

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Does sound kind of high. And remember, the 03 DXs didnt come with air conditioning and just a very basic radio, only 2 airbags, and no ABS (but I'm not sure about the abs...)

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,828 Posts
9800 CDN = 8333USD, 190,000 km = 118,000 mi

I'd run a vehicle history check and ask to see the maintenance records. If there's any balking about records, I'd take a pass. I'd also have an independent mechanic check any vehicle with that much on the odometer.

If I were driving 20000 mi/year and had maintained my Element by the book from the day it was new, it would be worth that much to me to keep, but when buying someone else's vehicle I have to discount what they tell me about maintenance, condition and history. New tires could be used to camouflage a chassis problem.

My short checklist is : No dings, chips, rust or scratches? Bottom of body and spare tire well look good? Everything on the vehicle works and a road test shows good acceleration and straight line braking? Vehicle tracks straight? What's the Kelly blue book price?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i bought my E with 123000 miles on it. i have only had to change the diff fluid. over 2 months and no problems. Hondas are know for their reliability and longevity... with proper maintenance. If it checks out mechanically, I say go for it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The a/c is what i was worried about.
its always good to have, even for fresh air.
now is it a big problem to put one in? worth it? $$$$?
has anyone done it?

where can i get one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would look around. I just bought an 03 EX 4wd with 48,000 miles for just under $10k. Around here (Indiana) a DX with that many miles would be pretty cheap. Plus like jdiane said, it will have no options. I don't think I could live with only 4 speakers and no A/C.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just picked up an 03 EX AWD Y Package (Fully Loaded) for 11k in t.o. it only has 120k KMS.

I think the car ur lookin at is over priced. HIGH KMS. And not enough options.

Don't bother trying to install a/c . just buy a car w/ a/c.

O yah. i know 198K is still the "break in" : ) for these engines. but NO a/c is a deal breaker. and the Sub is really nice to have as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts