1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
cool pics! That's just where I'd be-- on the bank watching! :grin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks like Hell Hole. Was it basically under a bridge near the end of the run? Right beside the power house.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Great photos! Definitely makes me want to jump in my Kayak real soon!

I am thinking about purchasing a two-person kayak as my soon to be six-year old son really wants to start kayaking with me... any suggestions on good models/brands of two-seater kayaks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Nice pic's, thanks for posting

I prefer the Gauley.................

·
Registered
174 Posts
Some one's been there before! And is very observant!
I win the prize!

Yes, I have been there before. I have probably paddled the river half a dozen times or so, although it has been about 3-4 years since I was there. I don't get down that way much anymore since I now live about 10 hours away.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I win the prize!

Yes, I have been there before. I have probably paddled the river half a dozen times or so, although it has been about 3-4 years since I was there. I don't get down that way much anymore since I now live about 10 hours away.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
I'd love to be only 10 hours...more like 20 for me. :oops: It's been a couple of years for me too but I'm itchin' to go back to WNC. I used to do water/mtb trips out that way once or twice a year when I lived closer. The drive out along the Ocoee heading towards the NOC was my favorite section of the trip. I'd love to be good enough in a 'yak to run that Olympic course.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wife and I are going to NOC this June. Here is a pic from last year on the Occee. Wife is in the front right and I am just behind her. We don't have white water kayaks, yet.... just a flat water boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Come on out! As you probably know, this is just about the prettiest time of year in the mountains of WNC. Unfortunately a lot of trails etc. in the area have been adversely affected by the harsh winter- lots of downed trees all over. They're saying it will be a good while before it all gets cleared. But there's still any number of great places to mountain bike, hike or cruise in your E!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Come on out! As you probably know, this is just about the prettiest time of year in the mountains of WNC. Unfortunately a lot of trails etc. in the area have been adversely affected by the harsh winter- lots of downed trees all over. They're saying it will be a good while before it all gets cleared. But there's still any number of great places to mountain bike, hike or cruise in your E!
Man would I love to. Ridden Tsali a dozen plus times, and Pisgah & Dupont a few times but would love to learn more. My ride buddy that got me into paddling 12-15 years ago moved just north of you to Johnson City a few years ago. Still try to make it up that way ever 2-3 years. He got me hooked on paddling when we used to make it to GAF at the NOC but haven't made it in 4-5 years. Water's freezin' but the trails are sweet in October.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts