Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has his own tint, alarm, and lighting business. He has suggested some mods to the honda emblems on the front and rear plus changing the dash lights to match. If you know the 07 dash has a nice blue light to it, yet they left the center controls and shifter lights green. We will be changing them to match the oem blue and the front and rear h emblems will also be back-lit blue. If these come out nice he may make a few based on what mine turns out like. Just a heads up to any one wanting to change things up a bit. This will start next monday with pics to follow. He also sells smd leds if various wattage and just about any thing you could want them for. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The list of items installed today are two 6 led festoons in the map lights, two 6 led festoons in the dome lights, and 7 t5 lights to the air controls/icons and shifter. Here are some shots of the dash after I will try to get dome light shots soon. Next monday we have another light mod coming. All led's I run come from http://hileds.com/ they last and are very bright.
Pics

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I hope this mondays mods are not too much. I will try to get some int light shots too those were camera phone pics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks great, nice and clean
are those "white" lights?
Yea we put white ones in but they come out a little aqua or really light blue. I can only think that there might be some wash from the blue ones. I also had to put reflective tape in the shifter light because it was too dim. This mondays mods are going to be blue back lit H emblems on the front and rear outside.

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey man....lookin good. That was one of the first mods that I did to my car also....the white leds look slightl aqua because there's actually a greenish tint in the plastic portion of climate controlls...no getting around it. I ended up doing mine all blue. the only thing that sux is that my '07 sc has red on the speedos instead of blue :-( My camera battery is charging right now...but i'll post pics in about an hour.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok! so camera battery is charged! here's what my leds look like....just out of curiosity, were you able to change the leds for the switched buttons (AC/recirculated air/ect)? I didn't want to mess with dissasembling the ribbon on the circuit board.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is that what you looking for?
I did mine in red, and what I do is pop out the button and take off the blue film inside and changed to red film.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
unfortunately, no that's not what i'm looking for....the leds that I'mn talking about are the ones that light up when you press the buttons in. They indicate of they are on ot not. Thanks tho!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay when you take he AC panel out and flip it over you see grey and white plugs. The grey are for the top lights and the white are for the icons. We did not modify the board in any way. The only hard part was soldering small leads on the led to mimik the OEM bulb.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That was a pain for us also.....just wish i could change those lights but don't wanna risk messing up the climate controlls :|....for the lights you're talking about we just used extended the leads of the leds with the metal wire from the ends of resistors.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was a pain for us also.....just wish i could change those lights but don't wanna risk messing up the climate controlls :|....for the lights you're talking about we just used extended the leads of the leds with the metal wire from the ends of resistors.....

That is what we did too. You wont mess up you controls it will be just like the top ones you already did. They are just a little smaller then the top ones. With all my led's in my map lights and domes it is very bright in my e. I can't wait for tomorrow to add some more.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The latest mods were done on friday last week. I then went camping. I only have one decent pic I will take a few more tonight(weather permitting) with a better camera. Basically I now have led backlit honda emblems front and rear.
Here is one pic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not sure about in Cali, but here in WI I don't think it is legal to have blue lights on the outside becuase that is what police use. Just a thought and not a very complete one :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts