Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I see I"m going to have to give you left and right "coasters" a little tip about eating at Imo's. When you get that wonderful cheese stuck to your teeth and it won't come off just pour some cold beer in your mouth and it comes right off. Oh, and another thing, I've driven in New York City, LA, and Chicago and St. Louis is being accused of aggresive drivers!! Pleeeease!
One more tip: Before you eat your Imo's you must WARSH your hands!!
We have heard of I 64, it's over in Illinois!:grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
ol fugly said:
I see I"m going to have to give you left and right "coasters" a little tip about eating at Imo's. When you get that wonderful cheese stuck to your teeth and it won't come off just pour some cold beer in your mouth and it comes right off. Oh, and another thing, I've driven in New York City, LA, and Chicago and St. Louis is being accused of aggresive drivers!! Pleeeease!
One more tip: Before you eat your Imo's you must WARSH your hands!!
We have heard of I 64, it's over in Illinois!:grin:

And there you go folks...spoken like a true St. Louisan:grin: If you think St. Louis has no aggresive drivers though, you need to get out of the Lou a little more ;) Houston on the 610 and 45 are also notorious for being horible places to be during a rush hour...but few places top highway 40 near the junction of 270 during rush hour, or going into and out of Brentwood/Galleria area at the same time:x People there can get kind of nutty, and yes, very aggresive...St. Louis is also somewhat of a non-culture shocked city....meaning, not too many people in St. Louis are aware that the early 90's ended a long time ago:grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Dave_C said:
And there you go folks...spoken like a true St. Louisan:grin: If you think St. Louis has no aggresive drivers though, you need to get out of the Lou a little more ;) Houston on the 610 and 45 are also notorious for being horible places to be during a rush hour...but few places top highway 40 near the junction of 270 during rush hour, or going into and out of Brentwood/Galleria area at the same time:x People there can get kind of nutty, and yes, very aggresive...St. Louis is also somewhat of a non-culture shocked city....meaning, not too many people in St. Louis are aware that the early 90's ended a long time ago:grin:
Easy with the STL rips. Not everyone here is from Missourah! Gee I guess it's not so bad having decent drivers. Don't be so judgmental; you may find it relaxing.... Enjoy yourselves. Peace the .... Out! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
ADAMLSTL said:
Easy with the STL rips. Not everyone here is from Missourah! Gee I guess it's not so bad having decent drivers. Don't be so judgmental; you may find it relaxing.... Enjoy yourselves. Peace the .... Out! :cool:
It's all good...like I said, I spent a great deal of my life in St. Louis...and I wouldn't have met my wife had I not moved there!:) So I'm greatful for the Lou...you know how it is...people make fun of all sorts of places like W. Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana and all....there's a joke for every state and the people in those states...nothing personal:)

I'll never be one of those die hard Mizzou fans though...sorry, I'm a UT fan for life...Go HORNS!!!!! Although Mizzou has a decent football team, always has. All of my wife's family are alumni of Mizzou, and a couple from Southwest Missouri State....so I've got all I can handle when it comes to not liking the Missouri College Football teams:grin:

Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
ADAMLSTL said:
Easy with the STL rips. Not everyone here is from Missourah! Gee I guess it's not so bad having decent drivers. Don't be so judgmental; you may find it relaxing.... Enjoy yourselves. Peace the .... Out! :cool:
As someone who used to live there, I have had numerous discussions about STL drivers with others (I learned to drive in Los Angeles, which is fairly similar to Chicago driving). But to be honest, there is a different driving culture. Not saying it's aggressive, not saying it's bad, just different from how I drive normally. And anyone going into St. Louis should be aware of that driving culture and drive accordingly. :D


However, if you are westbound on I-40 by Forest Park. Watch the other drivers on that little S curve just east of the CWE and see how many cars stray into other lanes. It's pretty common and I saw it daily.:roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
It has been confirmed, We will be there. My E will have probably close to a 100k on it by then. Need to make an appt with the Honda dealership for an overlook before we leave though. Cant wait! Looks like about a 15 hour drive for me. Looking to take like 9 days out for this adventure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
ol fugly said:
One more tip: Before you eat your Imo's you must WARSH your hands!!
This was my first major flaming in college---had to WARSH my clothes. Thought that was just a Northern Illinois-ism.

I was just in St. L last summer. As I recall, the viddy about building the arch was no longer part of the tour like it was when I saw the place in 1981. Pretty kewl how they ran water down one leg to stop the expansion so they could put the middle "keystone" in.

Chicago-style rules!
 
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Top