Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my E on it's first long drive this weekend and noticed something conspicuously absent that I've had in all my other cars. When you shut the windows while driving on the freeway there's no change in pressure. In my other cars, when I shut the windows while moving, my ears would block up like an airplane takeoff. Not so with the E. Is that because of the 'snap open' rear windows being an imperfect seal?

Drew

·
Registered
352 Posts
No, I think it would be a matter of volume of air. there's a lot of air in that cabin.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:fcb5857739="lon777"]No, I think it would be a matter of volume of air. there's a lot of air in that cabin.[/quote:fcb5857739]

Well yeah, but pressure change is pressure change right? Wouldn't the effect be the same regardless of the amount of air?

Drew

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I noticed a change.....now my ears don't pop, but especially when I am on the highway (even just driving home from work) I notice a change.....actually on my drive home today I had the windows down to air out the stuffy E that was sitting in the sun for 10 hours....I was going about 65-70 and put up the windows to turn the air on and it sounded like I was passing through an air lock in some sci fi movie.

I am not sure why you dodn't have this same effect....maybe you have gremlins that live in your E's window seals and have cut tiny holes in which to breathe through....anything is possible :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
for as long as I can remember honda has had vents in the rear of the body behind the panels to vent for pressure changes I m sure this still holds true, I never had pressure changes in my 1986 accord in years ago!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts