Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and D-I-L are traveling to AL (from GA) to look at an '04 SOP this weekend. VERY excited that I might have another E owner in the family (daughter will join the fold as soon as she can afford a Kiwi (oh, stop gloating, Kiwi Mafia)).:rolleyes::-o
Can you say "Proud Papa"??!! Gotta love it when the "bug" passes to younger generations (LOTS of ideas for future gifts)......... :evil::twisted::razz::razz::razz:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want my E! no 4wd EX w/ Navigation near me at all :-(
Thanks, and sorry to hear it might be a bit, but, it will be worth it in the end...... :rolleyes::cool::smile::smile:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hope they get it...& enjoy it. My son wants an E too someday. He has a 97 Subaru right now for his first car. He drives mom's E whenever possible :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They live in the Augusta (Hephzibah) area.
I hope that they will become EOC-members once they are E owners.....:p:p

Will try my best to persuade....... :rolleyes::twisted::evil:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Congrads- all they will be wanting is mods for gifts!

Now why can't you talk your daughter into a smarter color like TRP? :p

·
Registered
694 Posts
Congrat's on the "maybe" new addition to the family, to Dan the Man (greetings from Temperance, MI) Did you look in columbus area, there are probably 5-6 dealers in the columbus area, 2 hour drive. Honda's are big there because of the plants in Marysville and East liberty.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My son and D-I-L are traveling to AL (from GA) to look at an '04 SOP this weekend. VERY excited that I might have another E owner in the family (daughter will join the fold as soon as she can afford a Kiwi (oh, stop gloating, Kiwi Mafia)).:rolleyes::-o
Can you say "Proud Papa"??!! Gotta love it when the "bug" passes to younger generations (LOTS of ideas for future gifts)......... :evil::twisted::razz::razz::razz:
I think your daughter shows fine judgment.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Well, just got a call from our son with the disappointing news - they were turned down flat for financing. No other offers for higher interest rates, just "Not interested". And that was from five different banks. :???::mad:

I know their credit rating isn't stellar (it's "good" or slightly above), but, they both have solid career jobs, have two car loans (one was to be a trade-in, about the same loan amount) as well as a mortgage (all very reasonable payments). One bank said they looked back at his 5 year history and "got nervous". :confused::neutral:

Has our economy tanked that deeply where a successful couple cannot even get a loan for very reasonably priced used car? :confused:

Thanks for everyone's support, they will talk with their own bank and figure out what they need to do so the nest E doesn't slip away..... :cool:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
......Now why can't you talk your daughter into a smarter color like TRP? :p
I have tried, no luck (but haven't given up, yet)......:rolleyes::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NEW NEW Update

Well, I guess we WILL be a two E family after all. After the "fiasco" that seemed to happen at the dealership (not their fault), my son and DIL went home and talked to their own bank. DIFFERENT story (thank the Lord). No problems with financing, and they are meeting about halfway with the dealership to "deliver" their new E. Here are the dealership pix, hopefully will post his own pix as a new member soon..... :razz::razz::razz:

http://www.chevyman.com/ou/birmingham-chevy280/console.do?page=f_used_inventory

Still a proud Papa........ :shock::rolleyes::):)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts