Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I need some input on the honda element. I have around $8000, more or less, to spend on a used element, which I'm currently looking to purchase.
Here are the questions...

1) Do you know anyone selling an element ?
2) Which year is better and what is the difference with the models (DX,LX,EX)?
3) Is the AWD element better, or does it have more issues than 2WD?
4) What kind of things do I need to look for when purchasing my element?
5) What recalls were administered? (my buddies element caught fire) ??
6) Any other frequently asked questions that I forgot....?

Please help me chose the best year and model Element. I'm familiar with Hondas, just not this SUV in particular. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome to the club. In your price range you are looking at a 03 or 04. There are not many issues with these and the fire problem is only because the person that changed the oil filter didn't get the old filter gasket off and it happens on all cars. FWD or 4WD just depends where you live but if you can find a 4X4 in your price range get it as the milage is almost the same and you will not regret getting it. Cracks in the windshield is just because of the angle and happens to the best of us. LX to Ex is mag wheels and 270 watt stereo. The same fabric on the back seats as the front and rear power outlet ect and a few other thingies.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks slimer...

I found an 03 AWD EX for $7500 in my area. It has 87,000 miles.

From the pictures online it kinda looks like the body plastic, is a little discolored, or haze-y. You know, when black plastic starts to looks grayish-white... Is there a way to restore the plastic to its original look.

What do you think this car is worth?

Here is a link to the ad....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...n=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=4&standard=false

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
From the pictures online it kinda looks like the body plastic, is a little discolored, or haze-y. You know, when black plastic starts to looks grayish-white... Is there a way to restore the plastic to its original look.
That is the original look, the panels are gray.

Nice dent in the right rear fender.:) Offer them $500 less and see what they say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, cool. Thanks Gary. So if the body plastic is discolored is it possible to restore? Or I would need to replace those panels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts