Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm currently in the process of looking to buy a 2004-2005 AWD EX (hopefully manual!). I have always liked the look of the elements, even from the first time i saw them (I also wanted a 73' VW Thing for a first car...I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE the boxy look).

It seems a bit hard to find a manual but I've missed having one and really prefer them to auto's. I'm a native southern Californian soon to be Dental student in Iowa... but have been living in Iowa city for the past 3 years (talk about a climate change). I currently have a 1998 Nissan Maxima SE, I love my car, it has been a wonderful experience owning it (never failed to start up from when i bought her at 62K miles to it's current 142K reading). Only had to replace the brakes and the front cv joints. Unfortunately it's just not fitting my lifestyle anymore... the weather here can be pretty bad and after driving my boyfriends 2010 Forester I've found that i love it(awd that is). I had no idea until recently that the element even had AWD. I owned a 1990 honda civic si before the maxima and enjoyed the car very much. I'm a surfer(sadly not in iowa), a climber, camper, hiker and runner. I lead a very active lifestyle and the element really just fits me so ideally, heck i havent been this excited about something since i found out i wanted to become a Dentist!

I hope this post isn't too long winded, I'm just coming off my return trip from california (1803 miles in two days so im exhausted) but one of the things that really kept me entertained when i wasnt the driver was reading this site on my iphone. I'm frankly impressed with how in-depth the information here is and how everyone really has come together as a community and I really do hope to become a part of it.

Well thanks for reading and hello from Icy Cold Iowa! Nothing like going from 72 degrees in Laguna Beach, CA to -13 in Iowa City :oops:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi and Welcome...I hope...:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually there is an E in the for sale section that I would like to get, just waiting on a response... *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the club! Good luck with finding an E with a stick shift! I love my 07 MT:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hope your purchase works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts

It was hard for me to find an E with standard transmission, but I did and I LOVE IT!

I love to shift. I have never owned a car that wasn't standard transmission with the exception of a car my parents gave me. I have to be able to shift or I don't feel like I am driving.

You are going to love your Honda Element. Good for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It was hard for me to find an E with standard transmission, but I did and I LOVE IT!

I love to shift. I have never owned a car that wasn't standard transmission with the exception of a car my parents gave me. I have to be able to shift or I don't feel like I am driving.

You are going to love your Honda Element. Good for you.

I feel the same way about stick, my first car was a 1979 Triumph Spitfire... I totally zipped around in that thing, unfortunately it just wasnt reliable. My civic was a lot of fun but then I got a job that required me to drive to seven different hospital in the orange county, CA area... the traffic was horrendous and i made the decision to get a automatic maxima. No problems with traffic here in the midwest, and on the rare occasion there is, I won't care! I really hope Empfader gets back to me :grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I finally got a response but it looks like someone has already made the decision to purchase it but is awaiting confirmation of financing. I was already approved :( I knew it was too good to be true and shouldn't have gotten so excited about it. And the wait continues...

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thanks guys, I finally got a response but it looks like someone has already made the decision to purchase it but is awaiting confirmation of financing. I was already approved :( I knew it was too good to be true and shouldn't have gotten so excited about it. And the wait continues...
take a look @ yahoo autos, you might find something there - and remember, if it's not in your area it becomes a road trip.................a few of our members have done the fly and buy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
take a look @ yahoo autos, you might find something there - and remember, if it's not in your area it becomes a road trip.................a few of our members have done the fly and buy
Goodpoint. I will check it out... however, I would like the distance to be no more than 600 miles (i've just driven over 4000 miles in this past month alone)... I'm a fulltime student(biochemistry and next year dental school) and work 30 hours a week so fitting in a "road trip" is a bit hard once classes begin again. I'm excited, but somewhat anxious now. I just want to buy one and be done with the looking ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts