Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been toying with the idea of either a dash kit or painted interior ever since I saw the 1st pictures of "The Rube" - there have been others that I have admired, the latest were BigTZElement and LMNTGUY1982
I went thru a ton of kits (on the web) before I found something that looked like it might work - so I ordered a sample and the color matched perfect - not to much of the carbonfiber pattern - complete kit ordered
Package arrived and the pieces are attached to sticky cardboard and the quality was great
Biggest thing is the prep work - my Element has been on construction sites and we have two large dogs - so between the hair and the dirt.........lots and lots of time - do not skimp on this portion of the project
I have attached all the pieces that I'm going to for now because afterwards, I feel that some pieces will look better painted to give a little more contrast (example: the main mid/radio console) - this would look really sharp painted black against the SOP
So my future plans do include some painting of interior pieces

Without further ado, here are the pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
looks great i just ordered some samples today. looks like you didnt put all the pieces on but i think that is good i think it might be a little much.

good job

-Garrett

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Looks really nice, O. Gives the car a lot of "pop". Prior to painting my dash I had something similar. Takes a lot of patience to put those things on. You did a greeat job. You're welcome to park that E next to The Rube anytime you want. Best of luck with it. Hope to see it in person some day. i

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really nice, O. Gives the car a lot of "pop". Prior to painting my dash I had something similar. Takes a lot of patience to put those things on. You did a greeat job. You're welcome to park that E next to The Rube anytime you want. Best of luck with it. Hope to see it in person some day. i
I would be honored !

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back off Orangee! I get to park next to him first!:mad:
If you park on one side of him, and I park on the other, the would make it ................The Rube 'n sandwich

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
bEautiful! :D

Too bad you won't have it with you to show off in Baltimore!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bEautiful! :D

Too bad you won't have it with you to show off in Baltimore!
Thanks - it's still a work in progress

as for Baltimore, if I drove, I'd have to turn around as soon as I got there.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I like that a lot, I would get the same color if I bought that, A++++

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gotta similar dash kit installed in mine prior to my purchase. The switch trim pieces on the side are peeling up from that nook. So I ordered the Pre-molded Grey metal ones to replace'em. They'll be in soon. Figured I'd go ahead and do the meters & A/C vents too since they're pretty dinged up from prior owners and that lil' silver stick on ring only mocks me. Other than those issues I love mine.

Would be nice to remove a few pieces and pop some of that orange/black CF on there though... make the interior match the exterior.

Hmmm... I think I'm addicted. Orange and Silver Tent. Matching Orange and Silver Sleeping Bags. Even Found Orange and Silver Microfiber rags. Not to mention the bucket... Guess what color it is!

Heh.

Tom

Also... awesome interior, just need some seats!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hmmm... I think I'm addicted. Orange and Silver Tent. Matching Orange and Silver Sleeping Bags. Even Found Orange and Silver Microfiber rags. Not to mention the bucket... Guess what color it is!

Heh.

Tom
There is nothing wrong with you, I have all that plus....
Your lucky you don't have an orange camper too, EVERY time I go to the store I see something orange and in the camper it goes....
Last week I found orange plates an orange crate and orange measuring cup.

They had a box of appliances that included an orange toaster, coffee maker & iron. I would have loved the toaster, but I don't drink coffee or iron on camping trips:cool:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just added this accessory..............gonna take him with me on my Orangee adventures

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts