Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. My name i Jacob and I live in Cleveland OH.
I bought my first Element (found on Craigslist) in December 2015 in Toledo, Ohio, about 2h from Cleveland, with 147,xxx miles. I'm the 3rd owner. The car was used by a mechanic and his family. The main purpose of purchasing Element was to use it as a winter car. I've never thought it is such an awsome car. I plan to "arm" it in OEM accessories and maintain it with OEM parts as well.
Some info about the car and the accessories that were on the car already.
2003 Honda Element EX, 2WD, manual transmission, Sunset Orange Pearl with gray panels. I will update of the things
The car already had installed:
- OEM roof rack
- OEM exhaust pipe finisher
- OEM back seat bungee
- some remote starter

My previous car was 2004 Civic EX m/t, now I drive 2006 TSX m/t and Element of course.

Here are few pics of the E when I bought it in December 2015.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my "build" thread so please move it to the right place.
In the last few days i have visited a Honda dealers few times to get my maintenance parts and few other things (pcv valve, bracket set for side steps etc).
Advantages of being a member of the Element group on Facebook is a quick look into selling items by other members. OEM Rear Tailgate Deflector is in my possession.
The other things/accessories that were bought/installed:
- OEM front all-season mat
- OEM rear tailgate deflector w/hardware
- OEM cargo net
- OEM Pilot leather steering wheel
- OEM 2007 Element radio
- used OEM 2007 grill
- new Cooper HTP tires w/white outlined letters
- cleaned and painted front/rear calipers
- new Brembo rotors/pads
- new OEM parking shoes
- fixed parking brake
- honda PCV valve
- honda serpentine belt

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Got an alignment and Some new things came up:
- rear camber is -2 degrees and its not adjustable so im in the market for aftermarket rear upper control arms
- front OEM sway bar links
- front OEM sway bar bushings
- used front and rear OEM rubber mats w/hardware
- OEM side step hardware

now here some pics. OEM rotors has been sandblasted and spray painted silver. During the brake job old rotors broke in half! Installed new Brembo rotors and pads all around. Pic of the finished job.

Picture of the Pilot steering wheel (left) and Element wheel (R)

Looking good! Get more pics up, I want to see that deflector. I've been thinking about one but $300+ for OEM is :shock:
Here you are. I bought it used off member of Element club on facebook.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My little update about what is happening to my friendly Element.

Few months ago I singed up for the notification from one of the junkyards when they receive an Element on a yard. It happened few weeks ago, so I didnt waste my time and on the same day I paid them a visit. (2007 LX) It was cold AF but I was able to remove few parts that I needed.
- blackout headlights
- center radio beazel with climate control
- grille

Later on I used a 3M kit to restore oxidation from just purchased headlights. Results are awsome.
Left headlight was untouched, right was wetsanded down twice. And the finished product.

My shopping cart :grin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Due to winter, nothing happend to the E. Im just gathering parts for install in spring.
- bought OEM kayak attachtment
- OEM foglight kit
- the fog light switch is already installed

Im just waiting for a warmer weather so I will be able to take off the front bumper and do my mods, all in one day. 06+ headlights, 06+ grill, oem fogs :)

Today was the first hand car wash this year, no picture was taken.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Few weeks back we had some nice, sunny weather so I was able to install the OEM fog lights and newer OEM headlights. Got sick after that lol

Today 3/14/17 i lost all of the clutch fluid in the middle of downtown Cleveland. I was able to get some brake fluid and reach my buddy's car shop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what fogs did you put in
HID?
They are oem with stock bulbs.

The headlights look good (much better than chrome). Zywiec made the job easier
Yea Zywiec helped me at the end of the installation process ;)
The black headlights look much much better. Refreshed look

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you better be backlogged with all the pictures you have to post on your progress! :grin: you haven't posted in 6 months
I'm back! Been busy for a while but still have my Element. My baby boy was born on Halloween.
It wouldn't be Me if I didn't score any parts from junkyards. Few rare parts are in my possession like side body moldings, side-steps or carpet and rubbers mats! yeah!
Recently i got a deal on OEM bike racks. Can't wait for the summer! Pictures will be posted soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I got some new things:
- OEM Honda Ridgeline hitch bike rack
- OEM cargo cover
- LED 3rd brake light
- new hatch struts, went with monroe

also Im thinking to change my OEM wheels for a different set of OEM wheels from one of the domestic cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts