Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,286 Posts
Comments:

1) make sure that the laptop, when fully "open" will remain clear of the airbag deployment area (steer clear of the dash area in front of thepassenger) and/or where the *belted* passenger's body is likely to be bouncing around, you don't want to kill the passenger.

2) You'll want the mounting to be more rugged than you think, a bad bump could temporarily cause a force of 3-5x the weight of the mounted parts.

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
FYI, don't put anything on the passenger side dash while the vehicle is in motion: if the airbag should go off, it could cause serious injury.

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:bc3ab6197c=" "]Why would I tell you I am kidding? It is accurate and true. Laptops are not designed to be operated upside down.[/quote:bc3ab6197c]

Related: occassionally when I block the side-fan of my thinkpad *and* have it on a soft surface (pillow/bed) which doesn't conduct heat away, it spontaneously shuts down. Twice over the last year or so. I assume that's because the thinkpad has a sensor to protect against thermal runaway.

-brendan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.