Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Yo, I was just curious if you had thought about using a seperate screen with your laptop instead of mounting the laptop.
I am in the process of building my in car computer. I will be using a laptop but I am connecting it to a touchscreen LCD in the center of the dash.
This way I do not need to fumble with a mouse or those tricky little pads on the laptops. I also managed to find a really sweet roll up keyboard that matches the look of the E pretty well and it fits right across the dash on the passenger side or in your lap if you want.
My laptop will be stowed securely under the driver seet since I will rarely need to access it. Also planning to install a wi-fi so I can download all my mp3s and such from the driveway.
Since I design interfaces for a living I plan to design a nice custom Element interface that will allow me quick access to mp3s, movies, nav, email or whatever.
At any rate I am looking forward to seeing your progress. Be sure to post some pics later.

· Registered
35 Posts
Yea good point. I don't expect that the keyboard will get much use while the vehicle is in motion. It would be a bit of a stretch to reach it while seated properly anyway.
It will be stowed in the glove box unless it needs to be used. And if the vehicle is in motion I would prefer people just rest it on their lap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.