Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,286 Posts
FYI, don't put anything on the passenger side dash while the vehicle is in motion: if the airbag should go off, it could cause serious injury.

-brendan

· Registered
35 Posts
Yea good point. I don't expect that the keyboard will get much use while the vehicle is in motion. It would be a bit of a stretch to reach it while seated properly anyway.
It will be stowed in the glove box unless it needs to be used. And if the vehicle is in motion I would prefer people just rest it on their lap.

· Registered
9,644 Posts
I would not mount a laptop to the roof of any vehicle. The laptop will not last very long... not from the vibration or even from falling. Laptops are designed to dissipate heat from bottom to top. By turning the laptop upside down the heat will now be going to the bottom of the laptop, which is now your top. This will burn out the cpu, memory, video and eventually the hard drive. It might last a few weeks or a few months, but it will not last very long.

Heat kills computers and putting one upside down will certainly kill a laptop FAST.

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:bc3ab6197c=" "]Why would I tell you I am kidding? It is accurate and true. Laptops are not designed to be operated upside down.[/quote:bc3ab6197c]

Related: occassionally when I block the side-fan of my thinkpad *and* have it on a soft surface (pillow/bed) which doesn't conduct heat away, it spontaneously shuts down. Twice over the last year or so. I assume that's because the thinkpad has a sensor to protect against thermal runaway.

-brendan

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.