Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Finally got it installed. 20x8.5 Kaizer PHX2 w/245-40-20 tires.
Bought the wheels and tires from a buddy who owns XtremeMotorsports in Glendale, AZ. Another buddy of mine mounted it and did a road force balance through Discount tire.
Here are some pics in front of XtremeMotorsports

Pic of our E coming out of Discount Tire. That Expy was jealous of the E's Dubs. :lol:

John

·
Registered
53 Posts
WOW thats really nice!! I can't wait to change the rims on my SOP. How has the ride changed since you mounted them? Do you feel any potholes etc?

·
Registered
287 Posts
gh to the etto fabulous!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:e99434a3ab="Stephen Dax"]WOW thats really nice!! I can't wait to change the rims on my SOP. How has the ride changed since you mounted them? Do you feel any potholes etc?[/quote:e99434a3ab]

Stephen,
It handles really nice. The ride is firmer. You do feel the ground a little bit more compared to the stock rims and tires but its not bad at all. It defintely turns and overall handles way better. There's a lot more rubber on the sidewall than what the picture shows. There's about 3 inches of sidewall. Since my buddy did the road force, it's very smooth at all speeds. I got it up as high as 85MPH and no vibration at all.

We were getting a lot of heads turning while we were driving. We even got a couple of thumbs up from other fellow E owners.

For added security, we didn't use socket lugs. There are 2 different wheels locks on the wheels. We got them for free. :D

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
1kewl: Very stylin! Those are some really nice looking rims.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Those rims are something else. I have to say though it wouldn't be for me. I guess I am just not up on what's cool these days. I still like the old deep dish wheels ( we used to call them mags). I also like to see more rubber than wheel. Still looking for something to replace the stock tires and wheels on my E but I am not sure what I like would even work.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great man, make me want to trade my 19s for some 20s chrome. Well maybe later after I finish up the other stuff. What kinda make tires are those?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote:1f96a2e57d="Htown-element"]Looks great man, make me want to trade my 19s for some 20s chrome. Well maybe later after I finish up the other stuff. What kinda make tires are those?[/quote:1f96a2e57d]

The tires are Hankook Ventus K104. They are Y rated, 245/40/20. Total diameter is 27.7".

We went with this size to give it more sidewall compared to 255/35/20.

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote:b8cd4e1d77="bc is me"]Hey Kewl, I'm in Goodyear & I've got mine on 20's also. You gonna lower it?[/quote:b8cd4e1d77]

BC, nah. We'll keep it the way it is. Eventually, I will be getting all the panels painted to match.

I will be installing a billet grill soon. I can't wait to receive my order. It'll be sweet. Drop me an email if you need a hookup on accessories in the Valley.

John

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have thought about DUBs any issues with rubbing??

HB

·
Registered
335 Posts
[quote:f6dac295d9="Turtle2"]Ya gotta love this...

What does DUBS mean?[/quote:f6dac295d9]

Don't feel bad T2, I don't know either! I get the feeling it is slang for large wheels, 20 inches or bigger, and low profile tires.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote:ea79f06402="Turtle2"]DUB as in W....as in wide tires?[/quote:ea79f06402]

Maybe, sounds good to me. The bigger, the wider they get.
:wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote:d25c85f974="haler17"]So those 20's fit just fine? What is a road force balance.[/quote:d25c85f974]

Haler,
The 20's are a perfect fit. Road force balance is a special balancing that's highly recommended for wheels 18" or bigger. It simulates road conditions by exerting a certain amount of force on your wheels and tires so it can better balance it. Even bad tires that can't be balanced with normal/conventional spin balance can sometimes be fixed with ROAD FORCE BALANCING.

It normally cost more for this type of balancing. Some places can charge as much as $50 per wheel.

John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts