Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I wrote a note in this forum a few weeks ago, but I thought a new one was in order since I officially purchased and received my Element yesterday! It is an SOP 4WD EX w/side airbags, driver-side armrest, security system, and keyless entry. I've already got it hooked up to a 20 GB MP3 player thru the AUX Jack, too, and the sound is amazing!!

I have been researching this car for MONTHS, including coming to this webpage religiously and reading everything that existed here and anywhere on the internet about it. :) And after all of that, I was so excited about the car that, once I had the money (I am so glad I could pay for it myself, there's something so special about that), I rushed out and put my order in at the beginning of this month. I'm right in their target market - a 22 year old female college student. I can't see how everyone in my age group (or any age group!) wouldn't want this car - especially out where I live!

I'm in Colorado, and it is essential here to have a car that handles well in the winter, but is also very functional and fun to drive! Well, I found it. Since picking it up yesterday afternoon, I have already driven down to Denver (1/2 hour drive each way) and back from Boulder, and up to my family's cabin near Estes twice (2 hour round trip). 8) Even with a 4-cyl engine, it handled the mountains and the dirt roads here SO well! And I can't get enough of it! I stare at it out the window from my cabin all the time, too. It's crazy how much I already love this car.

My friends love it, also - it was great, two of my friends were out waterskiing at a lake when I came to see them with my E yesterday afternoon - they got out of the water and I was like "come on, sit inside!" That was really amusing to them. My folks love it, too - they think it is about the coolest looking car on the market. :p

Anyway, I plan to get some pictures of my SOP on the website soon, once I can find a location in CO that visually does it justice! But for now I just wanted to share the happy news about my purchase - I am sure that so many people on this site have shared this experience with their own Element!

~Meg

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats, Meg!

It's great to hear that you've got a car you feel good about and are enjoying. Hope you and your Element (my Lucy's twin!) will have many safe and happy miles together.

Do share photos of Rocky Mountain Beauty and Element Beauty together when you can!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, HellCat!

I can't stop looking at the SOP color when I glance out at the driveway here... it's entrancing, I swear! And yes, once I find that great spot in the Rocky Mountains for a picture, I'll put it up in the gallery! :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
22 years old and you have budgeted to buy an Element! That's impressive

May you have many great years of pleasure and fun with your new Element!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slowhand -

Yeah, I was lucky to be able to save up enough for this great car! Too bad I'm broke for a while now and can't get more accessories for my Element yet! I'll have to work toward getting those accessories now. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
CONGRATS on your cool car! I'm jealous. Not of your car (I have one, hee hee) but of where you live! "Looking out the window of my cabin....near Estes....Boulder....Denver...water skiing...(not to mention snow skiing)..."

Yowsa. I might have to move out there. KC is a leetle too flat for this cat. I summited a few hills out your way last fall (Collegiate Peaks) and the summer before (near Estes)...SOOOOO beautiful. <sigh>

Enjoy your E! ;)
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SteveO -

I realize all the time how lucky I am to be here! If you ever get the chance to come out here in your Element, you should - it handles these mountains so well. At first I thought, hm, maybe I should get a Jepp - for the 4WD capabilities. But when I saw the Element, I was completely willing to give up a little of the off-roading capabilities to gain all of the wonderful stuff the E can do! I've shown all of my friends the car at this point, and they are just in awe of the space and the functionality.

Right now I am in Aspen, which is about a four hour drive from Boulder. The drive can be very hilly at times, and it is a 75 mile an hour highway, so I was wondering how the little 4 cyl E would handle it - but it was GREAT! I get happier and happier with this car every day. And I've driven 700 miles in the first four days, I can't get enough of it. :lol:

~Meg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts