Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am seriously considering the Element.

What's the sound system like? Does it have aux inputs? What do you like/dislike about it? Comparable to _____ other sound systems? Ergonomics of controls?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Love the sound system! Nice layout, easy to get at, sensible controls. I love the the volume indicator on the LCD panel.

I know a few people have said that they have replaced the speakers, but I am quite pleased with mine. "BB withe the E" works for Bose and has said that she has found the Element's sound system to be the best stock system she has ever heard.

Take a test drive with your favourite cd.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I found the sound system to have very "muddy" sound. No clarity at all in the speakers. Changed them out and the sound is much better now, although now I would say that the amp is quite underpowered. However, I would say that the stock system is better than most, but certainly not the best I have ever heard. Get into a BMW 5 series--now that is an awesome stock system!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just purchased the 270 watt EX system from someone who replaced theirs. (Yea Ebay) The one I have currently is a stock Honda CD unit, and with the addition of 2 additional speakers (only came with fron speakers), it sounds VERY nice. FYI the speakers are Infinity 652i's. I'm only upgrading because I like the look of the EX unit, and the additional subwoofer and tweeters.

If anyone is interested in buying the old one, let me know.

Pink Floyd, 'Dark Side of the Moon' sounds absolutely incredible even on the stock unit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I have the EX with the stock stereo. There is an AUX jack in the EX... it's on the dash next to the 12V ac jack. The sound system isn't 'pro audio' quality, but for a factory system it kicks balls. The sub is a wonderful thing. Frankly, I suspect it's the car and not the stereo that sounds bad... all that plastic inside with relatively hollow doors... it can sound a little cavernous at times. The tweeters seem to have a mushiness around 4khz or so, but if you're not an uber-crazy audiophile, I don't think you'll have complaints about the stereo.

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts