Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my Element a few months back with higher mileage (123,000) because I have heard such great things about them lasting for a long time.

I haven't had any issues until recently, when pulling out of a parking lot, it clunked pretty hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. It only does this when I am accelerating very slowly or take my foot off the gas when slowly accelerating. It only happens in between these gears and the transmission shifts fine when I am up to speed and driving faster than 25 mph. I took it to a mechanic yesterday to have them flash it and the codes they got said my ABS was turning on when it shouldn't be. They claimed to have fixed this and this morning it has done is twice! Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ashley My wifes 06 exp has 107000 miles on it and i discovered last week it seemed to shake shuter and vibrate with a stange noise as you acelerate normaly as you take of. I could feel it shift hard from 1St to 2nd gear also i thought. Well today i had my mechanic put it up on the lift to check the transmision and moter / transmision mounts below. They were good. However the uper transmision mount behind the batery Is broken making the the enginge flop and vibrate during normal aceleration from a stop. If you drive like a grandpa it doesnt make any vibration or noise. So check all the mounts . Sounds like there may be one broke as in my wifes element. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hard shifting fixed

I had hard shifting from 1st to 2nd and sl. hesitation from 3 to 4th on my 2004 Honda element front wheel drive with 200K miles. "D" on the shift indicator was not flashing and the transmission did not show a trouble code. I had it look at 2 different transmission shops and both said the clutches were bad and the transmission needed to be rebuilt. I pull off the dual solenoid (part number 28260-PRP-014) and checked it with a multi meter and both side test OK at around 5.8 ohms. I hook up the power to both side and one side clicked louder than the other. I replace the dual solenoid with a remanufactured one I got off ebay for $65. The transmission is now working great. No more hard shifting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts