Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grab your gear and GO COASTAL!

Friday, May 22nd through Tuesday, May 26th
Cape Blanco State Park, Oregon (near Sixes)

Imperience and I decided to put together a group campout somewhere half-way-ish between us and found this great looking state park! Beautiful beaches and the amazing Pacific Ocean provide wonderful scenery.

We have reserved a group camp for the four nights, and the cost will be shared by number of cars. The total cost is $250, so it’ll be a very reasonably-priced stay even with a small group.

Dogs (always on leashes no longer than 6 ft., picked up after, and never left unattended) are welcome in the group camp and the park.

More information will be coming on this trip, but check your calendars and consider your budgets and make a plan to come on this great campout!

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Woo hoo!

There will be Dutch Oven cooking, great campfires, and plenty of fun times.

Less than 6 months away too!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
readyreadyready

... got the dutch oven, got the food, got the Corgis, got the banjo, got the teardrop ...i'd say we're ready to camp!

Count us in!

Doc and Farther

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Junie, you know we want to go.... it would be a bit of a stretch for T&B to make it. Have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time for an update! So the cool thing is that the showers and flush toilets are only .25 miles away from the group camp ... there are vault toilets at the group camp site. I think we are a hardy-enough group to handle that. :)

I love the ocean and its beauty, but am also aware of its power. Please read up on sneaker waves and ocean safety!

·
Registered
249 Posts
We would love to join up with you for the campout. However, I notice on the website that only self-contained rv's are allowed. Seems the definition of self contained is not defined. We do not hook up to water or sewer, so maybe we are ok, but have heard from other CA owners that popups are not allowed under this restriction. I will try to contact the park for a better explanation. best wishes for the holidays, Bill, Barbara, Tazee and Teddy

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
When we stayed there in May a couple of years ago, right after Memorial Day, there was plenty of free space in the regular campground. But I'm sure the weekend itself was full.

There are 2 group camp areas, both inland from the main area. One designed for horse owners has pull in/through slots that will handle trailers (e.g. horse trailers). The other appears to just have a simple loop road, and an open space for tent camping. There may also be some tent camping under the trees. It's not obvious whether campers are allowed to park on the grass, or must stay on the loop road.

It appears that the main RV restriction is that there are no hookups. Since tents are allowed, popups should be fine. It's not like you are camping in a beach parking lot, or in bear country.

The 5 self contained rv count may be based on the available slots in the horse-camp area. The google maps satellite view pretty well confirms what the park map shows.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the information, Paul. Bill, if you want me to contact the park, I'd be happy to. I kinda have the same feeling as Paul, but would be more comfortable getting the thumbs up from the park folks.

The Farthers will have a teardrop and I've got my SUV tent (but may not set it up, depending), but the others are tent campers.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Junebug! Long time no see. You got the gears turning. After missing the Rocky Mountain meet, I've been looking for E trips that might be around. The GF and I are heading to Astoria/Portland over the Holidays, but possibly will be back out there this spring. Nothing for certain, but a trip down the coast would be cool. The GF's brother lives in Ashland. Maybe one of these days there will be a Glacier E meet. Imagine all of the E's driving up the Going to the Sun Road. Stay in touch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks Paul and Junebug for the info. I called the oregon campsite center and the fellow said popups were ok as long as they were self contained. We would love to join you, what do we have to do to make reservations or would we be already registered as part of the group. It will be a great transition from Death Valley in Feb to Oregon in May. BEST WISHES!!! BILL

·
Registered
308 Posts
June Buggy

Hey Girl,
Add me to the list.
Ted and I love the Beach and Lupine.
Is the campsite on the beach or nestled in the hills?
Do we have a site to check it out?
xo Marilyn
P.S. e get more scones...yummy.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 198 Posts