1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
262 Posts
Saw your question on the preparedness thread and was going to steer you to this thread and saw that this was you too. You've got me going in circles.:D

It is a lot more fun than work.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Saw your question on the preparedness thread and was going to steer you to this thread and saw that this was you too. You've got me going in circles.:D

It is a lot more fun than work.
Nobody was biting on the question in there so I thought I'd open it up to the world.

Seems like nobody's biting out here either. Something to think about, along with getting a full size rim & spare to mount on the roof or cargo basket safari/baja style...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Nobody was biting on the question in there so I thought I'd open it up to the world.

Seems like nobody's biting out here either. Something to think about, along with getting a full size rim & spare to mount on the roof or cargo basket safari/baja style...
When I get new tires, which need to be soon, I'm going to save one for a spare.
The next time we head out on a long trip or evac that tire is going on the roof basket along with the TD spare.

Now for that fuel cell.............

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*went off to Google fuel cell*

Ok, I give. How and what does a fuel cell in a car do?
Not what google "fuel cell" tells you they do :lol:

A fuel cell in a car sense is essentially a vapor-sealed gas tank, usually with integrated filter and pump, than you can install anywhere in the vehicle. MUCH safer for installing in the interior of a vehicle than a regular gas tank.

Very popular with racing as they also have interior baffles or filler foam to keep the tank from sloshing around. See here for a reference:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Aeromotive/Aeromotive-Stealth-Fuel-Cells/1232859/10002/-1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok, I'm still not getting it, it's not to carry extra fuel, it's to replace the existing fuel tank? Why would this make a big difference in normal or evac situations?

Outside of Mad Max driving conditions.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I'm still not getting it, it's not to carry extra fuel, it's to replace the existing fuel tank? Why would this make a big difference in normal or evac situations?

Outside of Mad Max driving conditions.
If I were doing it, I would set it up to feed the normal fuel tank or as an emergency with a manual switch-over valve. Certainly not as a replacement for the main tank. The fuel cell is because a lot of them are much more sealed and much safer to carry inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm liking this idea

Mount up a separate fuel gauge and dash mounted power switch, run the fuel line to the tank under the flooring (steel braided tubing, just to be safe) and you could add about 15 gallons to your capacity (rough guesstimate, of course).

I know your true motivation... You just dont want to stop when driving back and forth do you?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mount up a separate fuel gauge and dash mounted power switch, run the fuel line to the tank under the flooring (steel braided tubing, just to be safe) and you could add about 15 gallons to your capacity (rough guesstimate, of course).

I know your true motivation... You just dont want to stop when driving back and forth do you?
I could only fill up once a week rather than twice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I could only fill up once a week rather than twice :rolleyes:
True, but what would the extra weight of the fuel cell plus 15 gallons of gas do to your gas mileage?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True, but what would the extra weight of the fuel cell plus 15 gallons of gas do to your gas mileage?
The fuel cell itself will weigh less than the spare tire & rim, so I wouldn't see that as a problem. 15 gallons of fuel at average 6.25 lbs/gallon will weigh in at around 93 lbs depending on temperature. Less than a passenger, I believe around the same weight as the two rear seats that I never have in anyway. So in other words, the extra weight should have basically zero effect more or less.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well then I like the Idea. It would definitely be convenient to fill up less.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 34 Posts