Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the original spark plugs that came in my 03 element and attached is what they look like. I replaced with 4 new NGK laser iridiums because if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think these look pretty good for 101,000 miles and 87 octane gas from the start.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I used the silver paste on the new plugs, and dielectric grease on the connectors to the coils.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, but getting some of the bolts to come loose from the cover was a pain. The plugs were actually very easy. I'm glad I picked up that 10" extension for my ratchet though. I just popped the extension off the ratchet and used that with the spark plug socket to start each one no problem.

**UPDATE** WOW I have never gotten more than 22 MPG from the day I purchased the element, I am now getting 27 MPG with the new plugs. I don't drive slowly either.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
EXCELLENT!! The plugs looked great, but, congrats on the better mileage!! It's so easy to keep up the maintenance and MPG by a few simple things....... :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
i replaced mine at 50000 miles :D with NGK

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, check them though at the store and if they're wrong hand it back for another. All mine were dead on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts