Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in on the KSport Group buy and am trying to gather up all my extra installation parts ahead of time. I know I'm going to need adjustable lower rear control arms and people have pointed me to Eibach and SPC. I like the look of the SPC's but I have been unable to find them for the 4WD application. Summit Racing only show FWD applications. Am I missing something or does SPC only do FWD kits? I can go the Eibach route if i have to, just something about the simplicity of the SPC's looks better to me.

What does the Element collective think?

Thanks!

Scott

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I have the SPC Lower Control Arm's on my 2004 4WD and they fit fine.
I think they fit both cars, they just might be listed wrong.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
All the Eibach parts for E's are made by SPC, eibach just colors the lower arms red, look at the part numbers, they are the same.
And the lowers are not adjustable, just the camber arm is.
Hope that helps your decision.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, you could also buy the KSports too match, since yours is a 05', the RSX ones will bolt right up, they use a pillowball bushing, and are orange to match the coilovers. I wantec to go that route, but in 07', they went to a bigger bolt holding on the arm, a pillowball mount cant be drill out, and you can get a set for about $150 shipped off ebay or just search google for ksport rsx lower control arms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since we're still on the subject, another question I've been trying to find an answer for (but not having any luck) is this; Do I need a spring compressor if I remove the OEM strut and shock units in one piece, can it be removed as one piece? I looked at it yesterday and it appears as though it could be but given that springs are involved I want to do this swap-out as safely as possible.

Thanks for your help

Scott

PS I have a service manual coming but curiousity is killing me!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That ? cannot be answered yet, depends what ksporr sends us. If they are complete top to bottom, it will be a quick switch, if they need the top hats, yes you will, hopefully Nismo gets us some updates this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts