Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 LX Element and I would like to replace the factory speakers with a 3-way speaker. After I replace the factory speakers do I have to disable the tweeters that are located on the pillars? Not sure if LX even uses component tweeters? Can't find much information on the LX stereo system. If I have to disable the tweeters how would I do that?

Thanks for your help!
Al

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Your LX does not have tweeters on the A pillars.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you going to replace your factory speakers, you may want to consider 2 way coax is the rear and 2 way component in the front and mount the tweeter in the a-pillar... a 3-way speaker low in the door is not going to be much better...

I have a 2008 LX Element and I would like to replace the factory speakers with a 3-way speaker. After I replace the factory speakers do I have to disable the tweeters that are located on the pillars? Not sure if LX even uses component tweeters? Can't find much information on the LX stereo system. If I have to disable the tweeters how would I do that?

Thanks for your help!
Al

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeah, i know it's 2 months ago...

but I think what was asked is are the tweeters powered separately from the speakers in the door. There is a diagram posted of where the wired come and goes out of the factory amp. I don't have a link but you can search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts