Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a speeding ticket today. Dropped off a friend at the Indy airport this morning. Was just outside the airport on I70 driving to get off on I465 South. Saw 6-8 cars off to the left side of the road...didn't see the cops... they had their motorcycles parked up in front of the cars. There were orange cones set up, but it was not a construction zone. Finally saw them as I was coming upon the cars off to the side and they motioned for me to come over. Said he was not going to cite me for being in a construction zone, and no points against my record...whew!!!
They had their radar guns way up front of all these cars.....didn't even see them. It was a 45 MPH zone and I was doing 60.....like most of the others they had stopped. Gave me a ticket, which I can go online in 14 days and see what the $$$ is and send it in. They were hauling in the people left and right this morning!!! Maybe they are out in force because of the Indy 500??
Anyway....here I am, 63 year young female, cruising down the highway, haven't had a speeding ticket in over 30 years (had one when I was like 30), and BANG!...I get one:x Hope it's not too expensive:shock:

·
Registered
773 Posts
UM - the Cop who wrote you, his name wasn't Joe, was it?

[Chozn wouldn't write an Element driver - right? ;-)]

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Joe, ( Chozenforservice ) Was at the track,( Indy-500 ) doing hot laps in his Camaro!

Nice car, I got to see it in person this week.

I was also at the track, when they were doing the test fly over of the F-18's today. With Patty ( bh054ct ) and Sylvester ( Snuffelopgus ) .

Dom

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
... Maybe they are out in force because of the Indy 500?? ...
Absolutely!!!

Racing-events-begets-speeders has been a long-established assumption in traffic law enforcement communities. It's been that way for decades. Speed traps proximate to the Indy 500 have long been a fact of driving life. And if you travel much in the South, it pays (literally) to have some awareness of the NASCAR schedule since "they will be out in force" near the venue from Friday through Sunday evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts