Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over the site and haven't come up with anything. Figured someone might have some insight. I can't figure out what is happening to my spedometer. I will just be driving along at any given speed and it will just drop to 0. Sometimes it will pick right back up seconds later, others it won't work the whole way home. Sometimes it's after driving a half mile, others after driving 50 miles. I can't seem to reproduce the conditions that cause it.

The other problem I am having is with the cruise control. I've read others have the problem where it just shuts off randomly which has occured plenty of times over the years but never really bothered me. But now randomly and not always at the same time as the spedo is going haywire the cruise light will flash on and off even if the cruise button on the dash is off.

I at first assumed it was something wired wrong from my stereo install but the installer can't seem to find anything that would cause that problem in the dash. Any of you E experts have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm how would I tell? Would it throw a code? I have no maintanence lights on.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
A code can be stored without actually triggering the light. I'm not saying you do have a stored code,but it's possible.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts