Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can order a new set of gauges < 3 silver circle cases that surround the temp gauge, speedometer and the fuel gauges > on my dashboard? My dealer gouged the speedomenter in 3 places and they aren't willing to replace it after they screwed up with my fog lights installation :cry:

thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DXBOY,

The meter panel kit is not the same as the factory installed version. As you can see, the meter panel kit has some kind of indents on each corner while the factory meter panels is all smooth and no indents. I am looking for the factory version and i don't want to spend $281 on the Consel panel kit, Switch panel kit and the Meter panel kits!.... I know i can buy only the Meter panel kit but it wouldn't look the same if i didn't get the other 2 kits but back to my original statement, i only want the factory version :cry:

·
Registered
90 Posts
[quote:7b70ffc506="Element"]My dealer gouged the speedomenter in 3 places and they aren't willing to replace it after they screwed up with my fog lights installation :cry:[/quote:7b70ffc506]

they Have to make you happy - talk with the service manager or the dealership owner! They have to either give you something or fix it!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Vak9girl,

My Element is still at the dealer since 9 this morning arg! They are going to replace the whole front bumper and give me a new set of fog lights to install somewhere else. As for the speedometer gauges, they will replace it after i bitche* at them. She said "something heavy like metel scratched it DUH! I also mentioned the gouged they also did when they had to pop open the automatic shifter to install the microphone for my alarm system. I don't know if she will replace that too. She had to find out from her boss what too do. Wish me luck guys :?

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:63d0d3b784="Element"]Thanks Vak9girl,

My Element is still at the dealer since 9 this morning arg! They are going to replace the whole front bumper and give me a new set of fog lights to install somewhere else. [/quote:63d0d3b784]

How very strange. What kind of a Honda dealer is this that will give you a new sets of lights to be installed SOMEWHERE ELSE? They are actually telling you that they are unable to install a Honda accessory on a Honda car and they are a Honda dealer!!

Also, I don't think that another Honda dealer is going to install fog lamps that you got from yet another dealer. Call Honda corporate and complain. If a dealership is so inept that they cannot, or will not, correctly install a Honda accessory, then Honda corporate should learn about it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealership told me that they can install fog lights but i guess they never had done an Element before :evil: Since they hacked the bumper to death, they replace the whole thing and gave me a new set of fog lights to install at another dealer. The customer service manager will call the other dealer to pay for the installation. They also gouged the meter panel and the automatic shifter panel also grrrrr. The dealer replaced the meter panel afer i bitche* for 3 days and they will also replace the automatic panel next friday :evil: They didn't give me anything for my aggravation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bitch somemore!!! Seriously! The dealer scratched my dash as well during the alarm install and I made them throw in all-weather mats for my time and trouble! Heck, it is only a 110 list item, it only costs them 40 dollars or so. Make them work to make you happy. The end result is to have a happy customer! After it is all fixed - DON'T GO BACK THERE!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
apposite,

Believe me you, i will never go back to that dealership ever again! I have to go back one more time this Friday to replace the automatic plate that gouged again! I think you should of gotton your dealer to fix your dash. I am anal to a certain point but if i didn't do it, i should of heck dont want a stranger gouging my own car! The customer service manager had the gaul that i gouged my own car! :evil: I hope another dealer will install my fog lights the proper way :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My car arrived friday morning and they installed Fog lights, splash guards and the side steps. My dealer did an excellent job with not a scratch anywhere. I searched from top to bottom and there isn't a mark anyplace. I couldn't be happier with there work or with the speed in which they did it. Got home and the roof rack had arrived that was ordered from hondacuraworld and it only took about 15 minutes to install it. EXTREMELY HAPPY...

·
Registered
352 Posts
element - if you want OEM parts here's an excellent dealer I've used many times in the past. Just call or email them and they will give you a parts quote PDQ. www.manhonda.com

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys!

Just wish me luck that my dealer will replace the automatic face plate with no problems on Friday. If they can't do it, i can at least order the parts and install it myself with no aggravations

1 - 14 of 14 Posts