Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see by my description I drive a 2004 GGM Element and I was wondering if anyone has bought any type of aftermarket spoiler for the car or even the factory one if it is still around. I was wondering your thoughts and the price because I am not looking to spend too much but I don't want to buy a cheap one that won't last that long. Also how hard is it to install if you have done it yourself? Please Let me know :) Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
It only comes in 2006+ colours. The op has Galopagos Green which is not one of the offered colours.
Sorry, thanks for pointing this out... I didn't notice
I looked around at other vendors and didn't see any with the Galopagos Green colour...:-( Looks like he may have to paint it after all...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Although I dont recommend it for a complete novice, a factory color rattle can for something like a spoiler is a DIY paint job. If you have the basics of rattle can paint application down, you can even do some wet sanding for a very decent finish. Unfortunately nobody but a body shop can give you an accurate cost and even then your looking at hitting a few shops to compare prices. I suggest you shop around locally while at the same time youtube some DIY rattle can car paint videos as well as sourcing the factory color rattle can paint. If you are going to come it at $100 for a pro paint job vs $50 for a DIY, what is your time worth and how confident are you to do it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've recommended this site to several people looking of OEM colors: (Automotivetouchup.com). You can order in rattle can or pints/quarts/gallons for spray guns. Just enter your vehicle info and/or select the correct paint code.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recommend checking with some local body shops. You may find one that will paint it the color you want for a reasonable cost as it is a straight forward job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts