Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a pair (front and back if possible) Spongebob Squarepants floormats. I cannot find them anywhere. I do not want to buy them off of ebay and no, target does not have them, nor walmart. Any Ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
if/when you get them find a way to attach them to the floor or they will squirm.. (velcro, or other anchor) so they don't wiggle under your brake or gas pedal.

i did a quick look too and could not find any of these for you, sorry.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ok i am curious what is the thing with this Sponge Bob anyhow.. i have never watched it. There seem to be more adults who like this show then kids, yet to me it seems like this would be a child type of thing? So I would love for someone to unwrap this enigma for me! Thank you!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not that I am speaking for anyone else but me on this board, but SpongeBob SquarePants has a following in the gay community. We like him because he is just so determined to be himself. He is very self-assuredly whatever he is. The show is short of a new century camp.

Iskie

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ok cool, that is a respectable concept. Thank you...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I am crazy even at 44yrs, but in my attempt to personalize my E...that's what it is all about anyway...I am going to make it the official Spongebob Mobile. Call it a mid-life crisis...call it odd, but I am having fun with this and not hurting a soul.......I e-mailed the manufacturer of the floormats at Walmart and she said that Spongebob floormats would be delievered to Walmart and Target in a few weeks.

Now, as to the other question...what is the deal?...I am not gay, but have been known to get happy on tequila a few times...that is another story...as to why is Spongebob so cool, well it is kinda like the E....so ugly it is cute, unique...the cartoon is a second cousin to the Roadrunner tunes....if you get that, then you will get Spongebob. What the other poster said, goes...he does his own thing, regardless of convention...that is what we E drivers are all about anyway...the car was marketed for 25 year old single males...and Honda is getting buyers from all walks of life...all ages, etc. We make our own fun like Spongebob. The bottom line is...well...I just can't explain it.....Spongebob would drive an E...am I right or what?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Weird thread.

Anyway, I disagree. I don't thing Sponge Bob's paychecks from grilling Krabby Patties would allow him to afford an Element. And you know the rent for that Pineapple is killing him. I see him in an old VW or something.

Plus he's so into being himself I doubt he's refer to the Element as an "E". Way too coffee shop for him.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i love these descriptions.. too funny.. though we should toss the discussion to the right forum.. so if you want to continue the study of spongebob pop in a new topic.. and i will look for it..

very, very interesting!

·
Registered
109 Posts
OrangeMan,
The Target by me doesn't have floor mats, but the do have pretty cool seat covers. They are blue with a big SB on them that says " Hey you are sitting on my body which is also my face!" I thought this was pretty funny for Target. Let me know if they don't have these by you and you want them, I can pick them up for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know where you're at with the Spongebob. Doubtless you folks too might identify with the Mitsubishi Outlander commercial variation that cuts from the rocking exterior to the inside, where two kids are glued to Spongebob on the mobile DVD system and the Gen X parents smile at each other, knowing that their secret need not be shared outside the the walls of their bitchin' black SUV with the tinted windows.

That's how I feel cruising in the E blasting Disney soundtracks with Spongebob and carseats. I will be checking Walmart for the mats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote:525f97452d=" "]The bottom line is...well...I just can't explain it.....Spongebob would drive an E...am I right or what?[/quote:525f97452d]

I think you're right. Square pants...square box.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please do not associate SpongeBob with my Element. SpongeBob is the bane of my existence. My kids watch this guy religiously. I am not a "hatah", but this guy is just TOO much for me to handle.

I'm watching Wayne Brady show amonth or so ago while flipping channels. There seemed to be a nicer young man as guest accompanying mr. Brady. Wayne tells the guy, "You know it must be a pure pleasure not to be recognized as the celebrity that you are when you go out on the town and such.." The guy responds, "Well Wayne, you know that's true, of course, when i make my voice like this - [Input SpongeBob's annoying shrill here]"

Well, I couldnt grab the remote fast enough. Clicking wildly I ended up on a "Trading Spaces" show and tried to pretend I didnt see the real life actor who voices "Mr. Pants". I have tried to sit and watch this cartoon. I cant get through it. I can almost feel the bile rising in the back of my throat just talking about it here.

SpongeBob never has or will drive a Honda Element.
Might as well make a cartoon called "Condom-Casey" or "Donna-Diaphram" while your at it. Equally as dumb in my opinion. SpongeBob's organization has literally stolen all their material and every joke from BugsBunny cartoons. Kid's would never know this, as Mel Blanc can no longer create such masterpieces and we are now only subject to a cheaply imitated relative who hasnt a clue of what slap-stick comedy should be. Anyway, was this about seat-covers? :wink:

God Bless the Three Stooges...

Shmee(tm)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Actually Shmee it was about Sponge bob floormats. You said:

"SpongeBob's organization has literally stolen all their material and every joke from BugsBunny cartoons. Kid's would never know this"

My wife was never able to understand the voices of the old masters so to her this is all new. AND as you know everything old is new again. Even your Trading spaces program was Copied from BBC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want a pair (front and back if possible) Spongebob Squarepants floormats. I cannot find them anywhere. I do not want to buy them off of ebay and no, target does not have them, nor walmart. Any Ideas. Thanks.
You can finf them on Amazon for $47.00. I got a pair and they are so much fun!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts