Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been complaining about how spongy the brake pedal feels when driving my 08 Element. I took it to the dealer and had the system bleed and VSA modulator replaced no change. A buddy of mine recommended replacing the rubber lines with steal braded lines. I removed the lines and had a set made up. What a difference. Pedal came up and feels firm. Even my wife complimented how better the brakes feel. This is one of the best improvements we made. Contact Goodridge at http://www.goodridge.net/[email protected] They are working on a kit just for the Element.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The fact this fixed your issue really bothers me in the fact there is more than likely a defect in the oem rubber brake hose (wrong rubber used / too soft). I seriously appreciate you taking the time to post this and do hope the company you referenced can release a quality replacement soon.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The link you posted doesn't seem to be working but I assume that's an email address that can be reached via normal email?

I'm also interested in the brake lines but have to wonder if the braided steel cables made all of the difference or the dealer simply didn't bleed the brakes properly after the fix and then you did. That's what MY dealer did after I had the same fix for the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts