Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the manufacturer of the exhaust setup that exits under the bike below the seat. Does any one know who makes the systems?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't seem to find the manufacturer of the exhaust setup that exits under the bike below the seat. Does any one know who makes the systems?
Which bike? Certain bikes are that way from the factory, my CBR600RR is that way. My new CBR1000RR has gone back to the side exhaust. In summer I much appreciate it NOT being under the seat.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which bike? Certain bikes are that way from the factory, my CBR600RR is that way. My new CBR1000RR has gone back to the side exhaust. In summer I much appreciate it NOT being under the seat.
The kind i'm thinking of is definitely aftermarket as it's very VERY loud. I reread my first post and it sounds like I am talking about undertail exhausts, but i'm looking for the "side exit" models. I think it was on an R6 that I saw one on, but I'm leaning towards a 600RR. Do all aftermarket exhausts for your bike exit out the same spot (underneath)?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
you say loud.....I think D & D !

The Vance & Hines on my Buell exits under the motor.....but so does the stocker.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to the parts counter guy who has the bike I was looking at, and he said it's called "Moto GP" style and it typically makes you lose 10-12 horsepower. So... no Moto GP exhaust desire any more. :lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I spoke to the parts counter guy who has the bike I was looking at, and he said it's called "Moto GP" style and it typically makes you lose 10-12 horsepower. So... no Moto GP exhaust desire any more. :lol:
He must not know very much, I never listen to counter guys. I had a 2006 1000rr (b4 it was stolen), I had a custom underseat exhaust made by HMF (i live near them) and I gained 7 hp and 3 tq at the rear tire, and it was sick sounding. If I can find a pic Ill post it. Gosh I miss that bike.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He must not know very much, I never listen to counter guys. I had a 2006 1000rr (b4 it was stolen), I had a custom underseat exhaust made by HMF (i live near them) and I gained 7 hp and 3 tq at the rear tire, and it was sick sounding. If I can find a pic Ill post it. Gosh I miss that bike.
Underseat, not Moto GP style. Quite a difference. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
moto gp usually has more than one outlet actually. D&D is loud and crappy as far as I'm concerned. I had the Yosh RS-5 carbon on my 600RR. I gained almost 9 HP but I added a power commander and had it mapped by a guy that kicks butt at his job. My 1000RR has the stock exhaust and I'm enjoying the quiet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The kind i'm thinking of is definitely aftermarket as it's very VERY loud. I reread my first post and it sounds like I am talking about undertail exhausts, but i'm looking for the "side exit" models. I think it was on an R6 that I saw one on, but I'm leaning towards a 600RR. Do all aftermarket exhausts for your bike exit out the same spot (underneath)?
Aftermarket usually follows the same path as stock in most cases. Exhaust placement isn't high on my priority list when looking at bikes.
Have you narrrowed down what you're looking at yet? What type of riding are you doing (Track, street, commuting)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts