Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo yeah I heard from a few people that I can spray out the interior(of my E) w/ a hose to get all the mud out from my weekend adventures. I have also heard that it is a bad idea to do that. So I'm curious to know what is the right way to clean the interior floors? My bulldog loves playing in the mud when we go to the park so best believe I got a good bit of dried up mud in my car.

Apologizes if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hosing it out is possible, just can't promise that everything electrical will work afterwards, or the floorboards won't drop out on the Interstate after a couple years....besides that everything should be fine.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Seriously, now... :-D

Dry-brush the dried mud with firm bristles and then vacuum. Follow with damp rag and maybe spray cleaner of your choosing.

Were the people who told you to hose it out actual E owners? Ah, the urban legend that just will not die.

EDIT: I'm moving this to the "Interior" section, although it would fit equally well in "Wax On, Wax Off". "Maintenance and Service" is for electrical/mechanical issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hosing it out is possible, just can't promise that everything electrical will work afterwards, or the floorboards won't drop out on the Interstate after a couple years....besides that everything should be fine.
A couple of years huh? Thats all I need really. :lol:

Seriously, now... :-D

Dry-brush the dried mud with firm bristles and then vacuum. Follow with damp rag and maybe spray cleaner of your choosing.

Were the people who told you to hose it out actual E owners? Ah, the urban legend that just will not die.

EDIT: I'm moving this to the "Interior" section, although it would fit equally well in "Wax On, Wax Off". "Maintenance and Service" is for electrical/mechanical issues.

Yeah the people that told me that weren't actually E owners. The dealer that I bought it from said that he's heard of people doing it, but he wouldn't recommend it. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts