·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
YEAH!!!!

I was really afraid that Saab was going to disappear from the auto world. I really like Saab cars and their quirks. I didn't like the heavy influence that GM forced on them over the last few years.

I miss my old Saab and some of the features on the thing that really made it a nice car. A rear wiper that automatically wiped the rear window when you shift in reverse with the front wipers on even if you hadn't turned on the rear wiper yet. A very low slung center of gravity. A night mode button for dimming the interior of the car when you need the best visibility possible. The great customer service from Saab such as free stuff sent in the mail even though we bought the car used. Free flash lights, pens, coffee mugs, etc etc...

·
Registered
590 Posts
influence is an understatement... poor cars didn't have any saab in them anymore. not sure wtf spyker is going to do with it, that puzzles me.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
influence is an understatement... poor cars didn't have any saab in them anymore. not sure wtf spyker is going to do with it, that puzzles me.

Quoted for Truth! I'm thinking they will re badge one of the existing models for export.

I like this Spyker !

But then who doesn't like 400 Hp.?

Dom

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gives them a ready-made dealer/service network around the world, for a 10th the outlay starting one from scratch would cost, plus a "name brand" and a couple of manufacturing facilities (one in Sweden and one in Austria). Even with GM watering down the brand, Saab has a following (we have a 9.5 that has been great). Anything Spyker does will be better than what GM did.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I love that it is another aeronautics/automobile company taking control of Saab. It will help them get back to their roots and simplify the line.

Saab owners are very passionate about cars and a company that recognizes this will do well. Now if they can just get the Spyker line out on the streets of the US.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Now if they can just get the Spyker line out on the streets of the US.

They have several dealers in the US. One is on Manhattan I think.
I think the one closest to you would be :
Address

Spyker of Atlanta

Spyker of Atlanta
Attn.: Mr E. Gregory
7865 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30350
USA
Tel.: +1 404.233.4269
www.motorcars-of-georgia.ebizautos.com

A big plus, They a nice used one with less than 500 miles on it for you.
Can I get a ride when you get it? :grin:

Dom

·
Registered
590 Posts
Now who will save Volvo from Ford? (If it isn't too late.)
they've maintained the record of safest car on the road b/c you're not going to get in an accident if it won't run...

j/k, but yeah... poor volvo too, bring back the Fridge! white 740 shaggin' wagon!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I miss my old Saab and some of the features on the thing that really made it a nice car.
That wiper thing was cool. I liked the "one extra wipe" about 15-30seconds after using the washer fluid/wipers....to clear the little "dribble."

I especially liked the power lock/central locking system.

It had some common sense features like....lock the drives door and they all lock. (Why would anyone want to lock just 1 door and leave the others "open." ?) and locking all doors also locks the fuel door. Doors unlocked makes the fuel door unlock....common sense....you get to the gas station, open the door and pump your gas. No levers or buttons to push.

Not many "5doors" or 4 door hatchbacks out there from other brands. My 5door 900s had alot of utility, and I always thought that it was an often overlooked & misunderstood body style.

I woulda liked a cup holder though.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
now who can we get to fix GM ?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Ahh, I forgot about the extra wipe from the rear wiper!!!

My 9-5 had a really cool cup holder that unfolded from the dash.

My I also loved the way it drove on the freeway.

Dom, you will be the first one I pick up after I get my Spyker;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts