Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My E has 158k mi 2010, and she makes creaks over bumps and curbs, also makes squeaks and the like driving over slight bumps or even when just turning at times.

before I go to the dealer for a list, does anyone have ideas of bushings or items that help noises like that?

I’ll try to post a video link from YouTube, if not just in general what can I expect the dealer to want to start replacing? Ideally I’d love to try and replace some myself but I have no lift and it’s winter in Chicago 🥶 thanks! 💜

here’s a beauty shot of her since I’ve never introcuded my E, also I know I have a bad exhaust leak if you hear the video.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
441 Posts
One of the worst noise makers for me was the front strut bearing caps. The E for some reason is a pita to track down noises. Everything seems to transmit all over the body. I do have a new squeak in the back now that I havent had time to track down

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know what parts are the biggest difference makers in the squeaky noises for someone on a big budget?
One of the worst noise makers for me was the front strut bearing caps. The E for some reason is a pita to track down noises. Everything seems to transmit all over the body. I do have a new squeak in the back now that I havent had time to track down
thanks so much!! I’ll write that down. Most posts I’ve made on this no one has said anything specific just seems I need to replace it all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I will say that where you live and the age and mileage of your vehicle don’t lend itself to DIY for a first time project. This is one of those things that you should pay a pro for. You can look around the forum but the majority prefer oem parts. This is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Also sway bar links are probably bad on your E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I just replaced the left and right front lower control arm compliance bushings and the right front sway bar link. No more squeaks and noise from the suspension and it is driving straighter than ever. No longer drifts to the right on the highway. Wish I had done it three years ago when I first got the Element. Only noise I hear from the road is the bumps on bad surfaces now. It still rides a bit bumpy, certainly isn't smooth like a Lexus or old Cadillac.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts