Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 EX with 160K and have a constant squeaking noise coming from the rear of the suspension, changed my sway bar bushings to no avail. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does the squeaking follow road speed (which would imply axles, bearings, or maybe brakes) or vehicle motion over bumps (which would imply suspension)? Based on the replacement of bushings, I assume suspension. I suggest putting the rear end up on ramps (so it is loaded like on the road), then get underneath and listen while someone else attempts to bounce the rear end of the car. Use a paper towel tube as a stethoscope to listen to specific areas particularly. Listen at the sway bar end links and control arm bushings. Look for excessive wear in the control arm bushings.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,421 Posts
Have you replaced the rear shocks recently? The set that I put on squeaked terribly over bumps until I had 400lbs of salt behind the front seats for a couple of weeks. Still squeaks some, but not anything like before. Hope this helps!! Good Luck!! :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an 04 EX with 160K and have a constant squeaking noise coming from the rear of the suspension, changed my sway bar bushings to no avail. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I recently dealt with this after replacing my rear struts, squeak was coming from my drivers rear side, after days of hunting, and spraying silicone spray, i found exactly where the squeak is coming from, lower control arm joint, mind you theres 20 different points where squeaks could be produced from, per axle, including e-brake assembly springs. Spray silicone spray deliberately on all joints and GL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for responses on this issue. Sprayed a lot of silicone spray around the control arm joints and it seemed to help a lot after one application. Going to repeat the next couple of days. Thanks again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts